QSQA

Discussion in 'Community Forum Software' started by AWS, Jun 25, 2012.

1. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Has anyone seen this.

http://meta.osqa.net/

It's a Stack Overflow clone and I believe it is the exact codebase they use. It built with python and uses Danjo and can be run with mysql, sql server, or postgresl as the backend.

I know the LockerGnome switched over to it a few weeks ago. I have installed all the dependencies with he MS platform installer for IIS and will be installing it and messing with over the weekend. I might even do a quick converter script to populate some data into it.

Anyway it looks interesting and the feature set they have planned for looks outstanding.

Dan Hutter and Brandon like this.
  2. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I played with it over the summer (or a similar script). It looks really cool but I don't have the audience for it right now.

3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I like that, I've seen the old pligg style sites but this is much much nicer in my opinion.
    I may have to give this a download and play around with it.
    Is it tough to install, what plans do you have for it @AWS other then just playing around with it?

4. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    If I have time to code a converter I will probably convert my .net forum which is more q&a than anything to it.

There are a few dependencies you have to install. On Windows Servers it's a piece of cake. Just let the web platform installer install the dependencies and then run the python install script to install the script.