Promotion Forums,what do you think of them?

Discussion in 'Community Forum Software' started by NBK*Twitch, Jul 16, 2010.

1. NBK*Twitch

NBK*Twitch Regular Member

I am pretty sure all of you know what a promotion forum is,if not it is a place where you get to advertise your site for free or for a few "points".

Now if you are like me you have probably also notice the huge uproar in promotion forums. What do you think about them.

I have found to many to be pet projects and not really trying.

I know if you really tried,you could be a contender to FP.

So what is your thoughts on the matter?

2. dynastygal

dynastygal Regular Member

Don't really gain anything but a few page views from them so to me they're a bit pointless.

3. phio_chan

phio_chan Regular Member

after a while spending my time browsing around advertising forums, I have to agree with the quote above. it doesn't help much. well, sure it helps a little. it gives a little more exposure to my forum, give some advice about how to build my forum, etc. but not any big chances. I've read in some forums that they got big because they receive traffic from those advertising forums. I guess I'm just not lucky. ^^"

4. Black Angel

Black Angel Regular Member

I think that after a certain point, you begin to feel like if you've joined one, then you've joined them all because they eventually end up being rips off of each other.

5. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Regular Member

it helps get my link out and helps me find other gaming forums to earn members from. so promotion forums help me with that but I would never get members from a promotion forum it's self.

6. Corza

Corza Regular Member

they help but not much

7. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

I don't really care for promotion forums anymore, as it's like Black Angel said, you've registered on one, it's highly likely that you've joined up with all of them, as they all seem to offer the same thing. I've registered my forum with a few search engines and I'm hoping that helps.