Problems with the 1.6.6 release package

Discussion in 'MyBB Discussions' started by News Bot, Feb 13, 2012.

1. News Bot

News Bot Regular Member

A few days ago we released version 1.6.6, unfortunately we have since realized that the version released was a newer SVN revision than intended, and as a result contains some development code that may compromise the stability of your board.
    Please note that this is not a security issue, and we are not aware of any security implications arising from the release.
    The issue was rectified shortly after the release and only the main release was effected, not the changed files package.
    We advise anyone who used the full release package within the first 24 hours of its release to run the file verification tool in their admin control panel (Tools & Maintenance > File Verification). If any files show differences which are not manual file modifications they should be replaced with files from the current version of the release package.
    Thank you,
    MyBB Team

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  2. benjaminp

benjaminp Regular Member

Sigh...

Now to try and figure out which changes to files me or the plugins made, and which ones are the wrongly included ones.

3. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Jeez these guys are unbelievable I just updated a client's board yesterday. :-/

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    oops!

5. benjaminp

benjaminp Regular Member

I don't see why they couldn't release a 1.6.6.1 or something to fix the problems. Instead of making us go through pages of code trying to work out which pages are modded by ourselves.

I'll look in to it tomorrow, but when I tried file verification, about 30 files came up. Some of them I know I modded myself, others I'm not sure if it's svn code or a plugin code without looking through them all manually. Something I'll get around to later.

Edit: Just re-read the post and the "upgrade" package wasn't effected apparently. So I should be ok :)

YAY! for less work :)

Brandon likes this.