Pro Wrestling News Discussion Forums Review

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Rellie, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Rellie

Rellie Newcomer

First Name:
    Deral
    Cheers to Nick for letting me skip the 24 hour part. :o
    Forum URL: Wrestling Forums: Wrestling Forum, WWE Forum, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Spoilers, Divas, Fantasy Wrestling, Wrestling Streams - Powered by vBulletin

Forum Name: Pro Wrestling News Discussion Forums

Launch Date: 3-08-09

Posts/Threads/Members: Threads: 1,108, Posts: 13,823, Members: 122

Forum Software: vBulletin 3.8

Description: The most interactive pro wrestling forum on the internet! Provides wrestling news, rumors, spoilers, discussions and much more!

Other Info/Points of Interest: Reaches out to all wrestling fans.

2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Nice skin - very appealing and easy on the eyes. Looking good. :)

3. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

First Impression:
    Red and gray <3 I was visually attracted! Though when I saw PWN I though of something different. You know, Pwn, which comes from the word own! And then WOA, that's a LONG name."Wrestling Forums: Wrestling Forum, WWE Forum, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Spoilers, Divas, Fantasy Wrestling, Wrestling Streams"

Forum Content
    Quantity of Forums: I think it's just about right! Covering all wrestling topics, even women wrestling! Great job.

Content: WOW you have some FANS. The quality on each post is pretty amazing, I got into one of your threads, 'Kennedy to TNA', is as if I was watching the news. Pretty interesting, people post their thoughts thoroughly and give their opinions pretty well. Seems you guys are up-to-date with the wrestling news giving your members stuff to expect and even let them discuss other things aside wrestling. The ad's at the top don't hinder the content of the forum, that's a good thing.

Forum Look
    Favicon: Not necesary, but it would be cool to see one?

On, Off, Lock:A little too plain!! Maybe the WW federation logo or something of the sort, a championship belt. Something! Other than that they don't look bad, just blah. The mini icons could also be replaced~

Forum Design:Please refer to the screenshot below when you read this. I have Ad Blocker on Firefox, the screenshot is on Firefox. Ok, on Safari the header is accompained by a ad, but regarless of this, the background sof the logo and the header do not match. Maybe use a PNG with transparent background so you wouldn't have any problem? Looks sort of out of place, like it was a 'oppsies'. Also besides the top links there are black lines at each end, was that intentional? I may sound redundant, but again it looks out of place.

awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_605b5051464245a385507d03e43f32c8.png

Overall Opinion: The forum looks nice and the colors mesh well. It does definately make a statement content wise. Only thing I would suggest is to fix those oopsies, a favicon would really do well and some original on, off and minion and minioff icons would look great. Also maybe shortening "Wrestling Forums: Wrestling Forum, WWE Forum, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Spoilers, Divas, Fantasy Wrestling, Wrestling Streams" it's all over and creates such a huge link as seen below. And by the copyright on yoru forum, it takes the most space.

Btw, I am having a problem loading cookies aparently?
    awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_7de3f0e0f3eab8480085382c28c039ec.png

Oh, can you please tell SiannIsPunk she has great potential? She should just work on her font and how to blend and such. I love the Render My second sig - Wrestling Forums: Wrestling Forum, WWE Forum, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Spoilers, Divas, Fantasy Wrestling, Wrestling Streams

4. Tom

Tom Regular Member

I love your skin! Very easy on the eyes and the red is awesome. I also like your header image.

Your forums are wonderful. I love how you have an abundance of forums for users to choose from to post in.

The advertisements are a little annoying, but other than that, great forum. Also, your stats at the bottom are not loading.

5. Rellie

Rellie Newcomer

First Name:
    Deral
    Yeah a few people have been having the problems with the stats and I'm still trying to find a way to fix that. Once you log in or register, the stats looks fine. I just logged out a minute ago and I saw the errors you all were talking about. I may have to change the permissions and such.

Thanks for the review and I really appreciate it! :)

6. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

The stats were sitting on "loading" when I looked at it a bit ago. I am an old school wrestling fan (and still keep in touch with things) so I'm definitely interested in the topic. Very cool work so far, hopefully you can continue to improve on adding interactive modifications and features on the site like the vBookie (maybe change the "vBookie" to your own 'name' like WrasslinBookie or something like that).

I wish you continued success! :D

7. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

very nice in general, but I agree that your status icons are too plain. How about one of those wrestler masks for the new post icons?

8. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I agree, it would be nice, wrestler masks! ;D