Private Message Sound Notification

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by nootch, Feb 10, 2001.

1. nootch

nootch Regular Member

Maybe it's just me, but when I go into my settings, neither (just for the sound notification, all other options seem to work fine) are checked. I click YES, submit, still no sound ... when I go back to my settings, the sound notification is reset (neither are checked) again.

------------------
    "May those who love us love us. And those who don't love us-- may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping." -- Keeping the Faith

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by nootch on February 10, 2001 at 01:29 AM]</font>

2. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

i'm pretty sure alien said that this is just temporarily out of service

i can't wait for it to come back, since it would be really handy, i only check PM's by accident

recently i was getting a popup ad (maybe from the soup, maybe not) saying i had a new message - irritating and confusing! .

------------------
    "Maybe *this* is what 'cooties', the disease that every grade schooler is terrified of, yet knows not the symptoms of which, is!" - KNSinatra at 3:34 AM

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  3. jadedskies

jadedskies Regular Member

4. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Yes, both the private message sound notification, and the visible/invisible setting options are both non-functional at this time. Cookie issue that hasn't been able to be solved yet.

As for the popup, that wouldn't be us?

------------------
    "I'd like an order of fries, a quarter pounder with cheese, I love the light in your eyes, would you go out with me please? I am in love with a McDonald's Girl, she has a smile of innocence so tender and warm, she is an angel in a polyester uniform."

5. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

hm. whatever, it seems to have stopped. it might have been netzero, which i've been using because my isp SUCKS (see rant from maybe a month ago) .

------------------
    "Maybe *this* is what 'cooties', the disease that every grade schooler is terrified of, yet knows not the symptoms of which, is!" - KNSinatra at 3:34 AM

6. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Let me know if you figure it out. .

------------------
    "I'd like an order of fries, a quarter pounder with cheese, I love the light in your eyes, would you go out with me please? I am in love with a McDonald's Girl, she has a smile of innocence so tender and warm, she is an angel in a polyester uniform."