Private Message Notification Changes

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Dan Hutter, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Hi Guys,

For those of you that have the receive notice of private message via email option enabled; I made a minor change to the text of that email in that it no longer includes a snippet of the message. I do the same thing on all boards just forgot to do it over here.

The reason for omitted snippet is from time to time people reply to the email (which comes to me) instead of logging in and replying to the private message. That means I see the contents of the message which isn't good for privacy. Plus, I have to spend time replying and explaining to log in and reply to the PM.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Randy A

Randy A Regular Member

I always wondered why the messages from ODJT never had any words to them.....now I know. ;)

3. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

No matter how many times an email says DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL in big capital letters people will still reply. That's why designers and marketers say you have to lead people with a stick. For some people that doesn't work, so you gotta beat them with a stick. :D

Worse yet I recently started getting email replies to thread reply notices. D'Oh! Although an email to thread gateway wouldn't be a horrible idea.