Poor vbSEO Support

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by SatGuyScott, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaUnknownAdm!n

DaUnknownAdm!n Regular Member

That is a big dip. I would be interested in what happens in the next few weeks with your ad revenue, are you using adsense or something else?

Brandon likes this.
  2. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

Actually, while it doesn't... directly. The whole point of vBSEO is to get you more visits, and uniques. vBulletin was a #i^& to work with when trying to get these hits back in the vB3 days. Launching a vB3 site was hard enough as it was with those "ugly URL's." vBSEO in those days filled a market; helping webmasters explode their visits and hits. As we all know, your google or search engine rankings are all dependent on how well you index your site, how well you're making your visitors happy enough to link to your site, how well your users are excited enough to talk about your site. All of this stuff adds up to google rankings.

The OP's frustration is that vBSEO [as a product, or company] promised that you would get more hits, visits, and uniques from the niche you're in. You would get more money for bringing in more customers, more visits, more uniques, more this, more that. By the end of the day, yes, vBSEO has more to do with your site's ranking.

A few people have reported making $1000 per day just from running a forum with vBSEO. But this kind of revenue needs a lot of sweat, a lot of blood shed, a lot of hours put in - to get this kind of revenue.
    Don't hold your breath. Unless vBulletin Solutions buys vBSEO, forget being shocked. Forget hoping for it, too. There's no one at the Internet Brands headquarters that can do what the team at Crawlability did 5 years ago. No one. You see how ugly the SEO was in vB4? Psh. Please.
    Newsflash: It won't be "gold" status when it's out. It'll be in beta, which I'm starting to feel is the reason for naming the latest version "vB5 Connect." When they advertised vB5 at ForumCon, that vB5 would be out this year... They made it clear that it will be released this year, and not next year. Even if the software isn't ready.

Good job, Internet Brands. :thumbsup: Good job! [/end sarcasm]

I mean, really, they're stuck right now. And they can't take back what they said at ForumCon 2012 or take back their advertisement that it's released this year.

If they delay it even further:
    - Joe, the CTO will be fired.
    - John, the GM will be fired.
    - Kevin, the lead developer on vB4: Fired.

Because, vBulletin costs thousands, maybe even millions to make at this point of vB4 development. And I don't have to tell you that litigation is still on-going with xenforo.
    Actually, that's not an ideal move in this very case. I wouldn't do it if I were you, because chargebacks usually is a bad thing from the bank's side. On the credit's side, I think it's worse because they can penalize you for too many this and that. So, a lot of chargebacks will result an a credit loss. Don't be quick to make decisions around credits.
    Do you understand how evil this is? I can't even take you serious!
    I've heard horror stories about running Huddler somewhere. I wouldn't recommend putting your community on not-very-well-known software. Go to xenForo and get one when you think about moving from vBulletin. Oh, and by the way, you can get your money back from vBulletin themselves. Want proof? Here.

3. icycafe

icycafe Regular Member

Hello,

I have just the same problem now. I really want to get rid of vbseo. Can you share your rewrite rules, please?

4. thebrad

thebrad Regular Member

Vbseo sounds like a poor piece of software really, resource hog and poor support i won't be going to that very soon, how much do they charge you for say 1 month or 3 months or whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.