PMs, What The Heck?

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by OneUpDave, Oct 17, 2009.

1. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

No, it's not a 'group' and some are private details.

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I'm in agreement with TWhiting.

If you are having friendly chats/conversations, there's no reason you need to be using the AA PM system in particular. E-mail works just as well.
    If you are afraid of giving out your e-mail address, create another account and use it for whatever purposes.

If you are discussing things that are to be kept private, you'd probably be better off conversing via e-mail anyways. What if our server (God forbid) became compromised and a database backup was obtained? Anybody could snoop our memers' PM's and get all of the sensitive data that you shared via PM. What if your AA account gets compromised? Same issue.

As annoying as it may be to have limited PM space, there are workarounds, and it's not the end of the world.

And when you have limits, you find a way to work with them - not try to find a way around them (i.e. getting more storage space).

3. OneUpDave

OneUpDave Guest

I haven't deleted a single non-spam email from my GMail account since I obtained it in 2004. I like to maintain messages for the record. At another forum I visit, we get 100 PMs, so what I usually do is delete my sent messages. But I try to keep inbox messages for future references.

Twit, just because you're unpopular, doesn't mean others aren't. I use email for things that require emailing, and PM for things that require PMs. Besides, both users are users of the same forum, why take this outside of that when there has been a system provided? Hell, by your logic, PMs should just be disabled.