phpbb2 temp moving to new website

Discussion in 'phpBB Discussions' started by 93Corvette, Jun 13, 2010.

1. 93Corvette

93Corvette Novice

First Name:
    Craig
    I was given a phpbb2 website. I have been looking at converting it to a Vbulletin 3.8.5 website..... The owner now wants the website moved so he doesn't have to pay for another year of hosting.

So my question, just so I can move the board quickly, I will move the phpbb2 website to my own host (siteground). I transfered the sql database last nite using my new dbase name, user name, and password. However I'm getting an error saying:
    awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_6fcd68edde9231736194eca2c18b80c9.png

What am I doing wrong? How do I correct it?

2. MordyT

MordyT Grand Master

First Name:
    Mordy
    I am assuming you upgraded phpBB's config file with the new database details?

3. 93Corvette

93Corvette Novice

First Name:
    Craig
    I did update the config.php file. Now the database details is another thing. Where do I find the database details? What folder is it located in?

4. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

I've no idea about this particular software, but in vb the config.php file has the database name, database username & password.

Maybe?

edit: we were typing at the same time, please ignore this post : )

5. 93Corvette

93Corvette Novice

First Name:
    Craig
    Yes, I updated the config.php file with the new values for dbase name, dbuser, and dbpassword.....

However, what I never did is update the info in the Admin Control Panel (General Admin, Configuation). Maybe this has something to do with it... How would you change this info? I can't get into it since the 1st thing it looks like it's doing is checking for the sql. Is there a folder that holds the General Admin, Configuation data?

Thanks for the help....

6. 93Corvette

93Corvette Novice

First Name:
    Craig
    I still can't get it moved....
    I dumped the mysql dbase again just to see if I was messing up something. I reloaded it by making the same dbname, dbuser, and dbpasswd as the orginal. I got the info from the config.php file on the orginal (source) forum

I followed these steps to change the script_path, server_name, but I could not find the server_protocol. I followed these steps to the letter, and made the changes to phpmyadmin. What I'm wondering is if I there is someway to reload this, or is it automatic?

The step are: (from View topic - Move board to new location/server/website • phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide

To get your board running and functioning correctly again, some minor adjustments to data and config file are needed.

1. Open the phpbb_config table in phpmyadmin.
    2. Look for the next fields: script_path, server_name and server_protocol. These field together form the url of your (now OLD) installation and should reflect the information of your NEW installation, so you have to change them manually.
      • Set server_protocol to 'http://' (if it wasn't already) or use 'https' if you are connecting to a secured url.
      • Set server_name to (our example!!) 'www.newsite.org'
      • Set script_path to (our example!!) 'forum'
    3. At this stage your database is in installed and working properly. The last thing we need to do is the to let the files connect to this database.
    4. At the root of your installation (in our example: http://www.newsite.org/forum/) is a file called config.php. Download it (or open the copy on your desktop in the directory you had, called 'OLD') and open it in a text-editor.
    5. The config file has about 10 short lines, but before we continue, DO NOT CHANGE OTHERS than needed and explained here in this tutorial !!!!

7. MordyT

MordyT Grand Master

First Name:
    Mordy
  8. 93Corvette

93Corvette Novice

First Name:
    Craig
    It's working!!!! Woo-hoo.....

Last night, out of shear frustration, I posted a ticket to Site Ground thinking maybe something was wrong on their end. I know it just wouldn't seem possible that it was, but when grasping at straws, and you tried everything you could think of, I had to ask....

Here is my question and the answer for this problem.... Dang, I thought I did this step. Now I need to figure out where he looked in the Cpanel, MySql to see this.

----------------------------------

Category:
    Service Related Problems->cPanel related problems->My cpanel is down

Subject: My cpanel is down
    Description: I am a premimum service member, and I cannot submit a ticket. When I try, I get this error.
    "SiteGround support team is currently working on a site down report about this account." Is their something wrong ? Why can't I submit a ticket?

What I wanted to submit a ticket for:

What I wanted to submit a ticket for is I cannot get my website to work. The database script_path, server_name are correct... And the config.php has the correct dbname, dbuser, and dbpasswd. What is wrong? Is Site Ground causing this error, or is something I'm messing up on? My bets are it's something I messed up on.
    Thanks
    Craig
    -------------------
    Hello,

Your database user navyfami_phpb3 was not assigned to the navyfami_phpb3 database which was causing the error. I have assigned it via CPanel > MySQL databases and the board appeared.

If you have other questions or comments, feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

xxxxx
    Technical Support Team

9. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Thanks for following up!