Photography Buffs

Discussion in 'Skinning, Design and Graphics' started by Diesel, Aug 29, 2006.

1. lobo

lobo Guest

Seems that it is very fast focusing camera. I thought that You have a film camera, because the picture of a flipping guy is very clear shot. That kind of shot is impossible with cheap cameras, cus those are slow focusing. Also, the gradations of colours in rainbow picture makes me though that the film developing guiys used bad temperature settings or old chemicals, that is general for COSTCO film developing.

Anyway, very nice shots. Thanks for shareing.

2. lobo

lobo Guest

:rotflmao: When I saw it first ... I thought that it is mermaid :ut-oh:

3. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

if you hold the shutter halfway it focuses, and then it takes the photo instantly when you push it the rest of the way.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh my gosh, Dan. I am in love with those photos of the Asbury Park area. Thank you!

5. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

Just found out that the same group is having another photostroll tomorrow to shoot the fall foliage in Frenchtown, NJ tomorrow.
    Hopefully, I'll be able to make it on the short notice, and get some nice shots to post again.

6. Alyth

Alyth Regular Member

Here's another picture from the NC Zoo visit.

I can't wait, I'm getting a new camera! Thank you Diesel for your very helpful advice! :nod: :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  7. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

8. monsieurjohn

9. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

High Dynamic Range. It's a newly popular technique that takes multiple varying exposures of the same image, and combines them into a single image with a greater dynamic range.

For example, shoot a scene at the correct exposure, then shoot it again underexposed by 1 stop, then shoot it again overexposed by 1 stop. Then, the shots are combined using an HDR post-processing technique that leverages the range of the 3 shots.
    What this lets you do is capture images with a wide range of light levels, where it would be too extensive for one shot to capture all of the detail, and combine them to expand the dynamic range of the scene.

Film, or a digital sensor, doesn't have a very wide dynamic range. If the range of a scene is too wide, you're going to lose something at one end of the spectrum. If you expose to capture detail in shadows, you're going to lose highlight detail. If you expose to capture detail in highlights, you're going to sacrifice shadow detail. By combining multiple exposures into a single HDR image, you're able to get a wider dynamic range, instead or detailing with the limitations of the digital sensor.

It's supposed to give a better representation of how the scene looked to the naked eye.

For more info, Wikipedia is your friend - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

10. monsieurjohn

you had me at "multiple varying exposures"

do you do a software combination afterwards, or is it in-camera?

11. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

Software. The most popular methods are using the functionality built into Photoshop CS2, or third-party packages, of which Photomatix is the most popular.

Keep in mind that, because you're rendering the same scene using multiple shots, they need to be as close to identical as possible, which means a tripod is practically a necessity. While the software will usually do a reasonable job of aligning the shots, anything too far off will result in ghosted or blurry images.

12. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

Another cool process I gave a try tonight.

Applying a fake tilt-shift effect to a photo. Tilt-Shift lenses allow one to tilt or shift the lens relative to the camera, so that it's no longer necessarily in line with the film plane, causing portions of the image to be blurred.

Basically, I minaturized my picture.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dieseldan/284253870/

13. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

14. rosebud

rosebud Regular Member

When me and my hubby went to Hawaii. We were on another sister sail boat like this one. It is such a awesome picture I'd thought I would share it with you.

15. rosebud

rosebud Regular Member

Here's the picture.

Attached Files:

16. lobo

lobo Guest

:clap: Great picture!

17. rosebud

rosebud Regular Member

Ty Lobo

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I took this one in the Napa Valley (CA) last month during my trip- hope you like it
    ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a279_Maur7_Vinesm.jpg

19. rosebud

rosebud Regular Member

Awesome picture Mo..I love it.

20. spidergoolash

spidergoolash Regular Member

mo, that is gorgeous.