peeking in from around the screen

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Guest, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

[I my mind I picture the group sitting is a gazbo , flowers fragnet in the breeze, all are dressed in white linen with their laptops open . If you listen very carefully you can hear knowledge, hope, and giggles. A symphony of keystroke stirring ideas
    I]My name is Brenda mother of 2 and step-mother of3 plus 8 of the most charmed grandchildren .I married my high school sweatheart after a 23year seperation I left to go to the Army and two marriages later we found eachohter again yup, a happy ending (so far ) I just recently lose my job due to sickness and sitting still as old women doesn't fit well . I'd like to thank-you for letting me in ,please be patient with my slow typing and spelling(I can't find spell check is there one) and hope I bring new thooughts to you as i need new ones for me

shopping for white linen,
    Brenda .

2. Reddie

Reddie Regular Member

:welcome1: Brenda! I wondered when you would post your introduction... Your friend Bozodog (BD for short) told us she was trying to get you to join us.

I'm Carol, aka Reddie, from New Jersey. I'm happily married almost 21 years to my dh (dear husband) Jack. I have one daughter Laura (19) and 2 stepchildren, Michael (34), and Allison (30). We have a dog Maxwell, who looks like a yellow labrador, but is a mixed breed.

I'm glad you found us, now you just pop in when you can and join the conversation...we aren't wearing white linen! lol Actually today I'm in black sweats and a snowman mock-T shirt! lol Winter has returned with a vengeance today...in the form of sleet! UGH! As to that conversation, best place to chat about whatever is going on is in The Dailies.

Carol

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Brenda! *big wave* and glad to meet you! I've been looking forward for you to start posting!

5 kids??? Wow! I grew up with 4 sisters (no brothers) so I know how hectic having 5 kids is. You deserve a metal of Honor! At least with the Grandkids, I HOPE you laugh when they're naughty...like MY parents do! They had a field day when my daughter was terrible two, calling her "little Elizabeth"

I didn't marry my HS Sweetheart....I *ahem * married his best friend :thankyou:

We have Kate, 24 and Aron, 22. Both attending Grand Valley and sharing an apartment together with Aron's girlfriend and another girl (3 girls and 1 boy!) Their apartment is in Allendale Style--right next door to a Dairy farm! But they love it, in fact next year they reserved an apartment in the same building but on the "cow side" so they can watch them out their living room window.

I'm a stay-at-home momma for 10 years now but keep busy. I help out a little old (pain in the rear) lady named Ruthie, official Sandydog walker, gardening if the durned snow ever melts....Of course, every weekend now is filled with laundry duty as the kids come home to work and clean out my cupboards :D

I'm up in Montague, about half hour north of Muskegon. Stone's throw from Lake Michigan so it's nice in the summer except for tripping over tourists.

JUMP IN! Hope to hear a lot more from you, Brenda!

AnotherLiz

4. southernlady

southernlady Regular Member

:rainbowwelcome: Brenda, glad you joined in.

BD told us you were going and I've been hoping you would finally post an intro.

Like the others have mentioned, we mostly talk on the board called "The Dailies". Each day has it's own thread so none get very long.

I'm Liz aka southernlady. I am the owner of The Gazebo. My husband (dh for short) and I have been married for 10 and a half years now. I got two beautiful daughters out of the deal but they have since flown the nest. The youngest is 21 and both live in AL near my in-laws and their mom. My husband is also a member here.

I am currently househunting for a new place in Wilmington, NC. My dh use to work with DTE and we currently live in Monroe (over near Toledo) but last fall he took the buyout with DTE. He now works for GE and is on temporarry assignment in San Jose, CA for a few months before he and I both move to Wilmington.

We have 5 furry feline children. Click here to see pictures of mine.

I'm 52, a Red Hatter, web designer, and also disabled for the last 6 years.

I LIKE your thoughts on what this place looks like, LOL. Liz

5. bozodog

bozodog Regular Member

Hey neighbor... 'Bout time you chimed in. I'll stop by soon and install "WordWeb" on your machine. I have it because it makes me L00K smart. (but we know better don't we?) Besides, I spell so bad you can't tell what I'm trying to say sometimes. Hope you've read through some of the other posts... Some real fun there. Good info too.

6. DaveMo

DaveMo Regular Member

Hi Brenda, welcome to the Gazebo! I don't know about the rest, but you got that picture just right for me. I have on some really nice fitting white pants and a white, gauzy shirt. That along with my height and dark hair, I look like a Spanish Dancer and have the grace......okay, I'm lieing. The only clothing that I have that is white is my official's shirt for volleyball and maybe 1 or 2 t-shirts. I would say that I wear black underwear, but that may be too much information! LoL! I do wear lots of dark colors, especially black, but I am NO way a "goth".

Some may know that I married my HS sweetheart. We dated since the 9th grade (there were several years that I was a scum and dated several girls), but this is the one that I truely loved and do love. In October, we will have been married 30 years. Geemyknee! I don't know how she has handled that!

Don't worry about the slowness of typing, we can't tell that anyway. And don't worry about the spelling. I have excellant spieling, lol, but sometimes I just ramble on and people wonder what in the world I might be talking about. The great people here allow me to whine alot. They're a great group of people!

Welcome again, and I hope to see you posting around the forum. Enjoy yourself!

Dave :surprise0785:

7. Reddie

Reddie Regular Member

Yep, Dave, I would say that I wear black underwear, but that may be too much information! is TMI!!! lol When is your wedding anniversary? Mine is October 11. We'll be married 21 years...that is such a long time...boy it went fast!

Carol

8. DaveMo

DaveMo Regular Member

October 28th is our anniversary. You know, when I say 30 years, it seems like a long time. But when I think about the last 30, it seems like an eternity! :harhar: I'm just kidding, actually when I think about it, it seems like it's been no where close to that many years. Time flies when you're having fun, and when you're with that special one!

Dave :clapping:

9. bozodog

bozodog Regular Member

OMG! October 28th? That's my Gypsy dog's birthday. She will be nine this year. 30 years... How I wish I could have that long with my SB. Hummm, let's see. That would make me 90! Ha! I just might make it.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

UhOhhh, she's back.....

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Duhohhh! Jeesch

12. Guest

Guest Guest

HI BRENDA! Welcome. I am a new member here, too. I stumbled upon southerlady's site and found that she is married to a high school friend if mine. I haven't seen him for, uh-uhm...for awhile. We have been trying to catch up via email since.

I'm LT. I live just outside Montgomery, Al. I am remarried (March 10, 2007). I have two boys, Lorin and Josh, at home with me. I work for a GM, Chrysler dealership selling parts throughout the southeast. My brother and I are in the process of buying a local roller skating rink. The owners moved to Florida. My brother, mother, wife, and my two youngun's work there now. It's alot of fun.

I don't know any of the nice people here, but from their posts...I don't think there are many that could be better!

Have fun!

LT

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks everyone for the welcome!! A sweet neighbor came over yesterday and gave me a lesson and today i'm putting it to use.TEEHEE or LOL in your language. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone; I'm always peeking around the screen

14. mrsheat

mrsheat Regular Member

Welcome Miss Brenda... nice to meet you....

I love your vision of the gazebo... Liz and I are old friends... and she is the true image of a southern belle.... ( I can hear her giggle at that comment)

You'll find this a great sounding board.. for whatever you need to say or ask....

Kelly