Patrick O'Keefe's new ebook "Monetizing Online Forums" was just released!

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by Brandon, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Sylvain

Sylvain Regular Member

I gonna read this book tonight for sure.... :)

iFroggy likes this.
  2. iFroggy

iFroggy Regular Member

Thank you, @Big al. I totally understand why you wouldn't want to have advertising on that site. I appreciate the kind words.

Thank you for the review, @andyred. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and I'm glad that it was helpful to you. :)

Thank you for checking it out, @Sylvain. I hope that it is useful!

Thanks again all,

Patrick

andyred and Big al like this.
  3. Glcameron

Glcameron The Social Media Guru You Go To

Love is not the word..... awe inspiring is more appropriate. I've considered the aspects of monetization associated with forums but I had no idea! Its always a good day when you find a hidden gem of information that leaves your mouth dropped, the wheels of inspiration churning and a new sense of vigor. I love the landing page, the available download options all leading up to this diamond of info.

I will be promoting this pdf as much as I possibly can. I'm quite literally at a loss for words.

@Brandon..... As always.... a fantastic find

iFroggy likes this.
  4. carlalexander

carlalexander Regular Member

Wow, thanks for sharing Brandon, good men like you are really hard to come by, I really had nothing to do today but you have given me something to do. Question: Can I share it with some of my friends too?

iFroggy and Brandon like this.
  5. iFroggy

iFroggy Regular Member

I'm really sorry for the delay in responding, @Glcameron and @carlalexander. I didn't see the notification for these posts. The kind words mean a lot, Glcameron. Well, they mean everything, really. That's the reason I wrote the book.

Please do share it, carlalexander. If you can, please link them here or to Brandon's PDF file link, just because that allows us to track the downloads, which is super helpful.

Thanks again.

Patrick

Brandon likes this.
  6. mugzy

mugzy Regular Member

Is there anybody who has been successful at implementing this plan?

Is there somebody who consults on this program or soembody I can hire to implement such a plan?

7. iFroggy

iFroggy Regular Member

Hello @mugzy,

Thank you for the questions.

When you say "anybody," do you mean anybody here on Admin Talk or anyone period? Because the book does include examples of communities that have successfully utilized the methods that I mention. The methods mentioned in the book are all successfully used by various online forums. Some are more prevalent than others. Display advertising is the most prevalent while sponsored brand placement is probably the one you see least frequently, if I had to guess.

If you meant anybody here on Admin Talk, I am sure that there are members on Admin Talk that have successfully monetized their forums via one or more of these methods.

This isn't so much a program as it is a resource that explains all of the primary methods for monetizing an online forum. It is targeted at the owner of an online forum, giving them a path through which to implement these methods. If you are looking for someone to consult, one good way to approach it would be to find a community that is doing what you are looking for and see if the owner would be willing to advise you.

Though I don't actively consult, I do listen when people contact me and might be able to help you. But my time would be limited to providing you with thoughts and not actually doing the implementation, so I don't think I would be what you are looking for.

Best of luck,

Patrick

Brandon likes this.
  8. Trickster

Trickster Regular Member

I am downloading this right now. I enjoy learning new information, especially if it's related to making money while doing such fun stuff. I already know something about that (even bought some guides), but you can always learn more. Anyways, I'll make a small review tomorrow. Thanks man!

iFroggy likes this.
  9. iFroggy

iFroggy Regular Member

Thank you for picking it up, @Trickster. I hope it proves to be useful and helps you to better monetize your forum.

Patrick