Paid Traffic: Do you budget or not?

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by Glcameron, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Glcameron

Glcameron The Social Media Guru You Go To

There has been an influx of sites offering to provide you with authentic traffic each month with dirt cheap prices. I know there is a level of caution that should be exhibited when considering these options due to the strict guidelines set forth by the advertiser networks but do you consider paying for traffic a strategic business move that will result in continuous traffic by creating an aspect of interest or a waste of time?

I can consider that I may have discovered a site from a commercial viewed on Youtube, with that influence I decided to join the site and remain a member, regularly contributing to the site but do you thin all traffic is found this way? Do you think using this option for a startup site is the best way to attract initial interest then standard marketing beyond that point or do you invest in paid traffic each month?

Do you budget from your business funds marketing and paid traffic alternatives?

2. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

I don't use paid traffic, so I obviously don't take it into account in any way whatsoever.

3. TrumpetMaster

TrumpetMaster Regular Member

Tried it about 7 years ago and it was worthless.

4. oldsmoboi

oldsmoboi Regular Member

Paid traffic doesn't post... usually.

5. Gregman

Gregman Regular Member

I agree I ran a Facebook campaign and all I got were likes and no one signed up to the forum. I would much rather get natural traffic from people searching out things on my forum.

Greg

6. andyred

andyred Regular Member

I've tried a good 20 Paid Traffic suppliers in the past and guess what...

They all end up being Junk Traffic with 0 Page Views, and 1 Second Time on the site.

I wouldn't bother wasting your money unless its a proper Ad Company like AdWords.

7. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

Paid traffic is only really good for those trying to make money off of ads. You put lots of ads on your site and pay for targeted traffic towards those ads. Not exactly considered legal, but it works and that is the only time I have ever heard of people buying traffic. I see no value in it in any other way IMO