Pages for advertisers

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by Michael, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Michael

Michael Regular Member

On your forums do you have a page for those looking to advertise like the one here at AA? If so, what details do you give on the said page, do you include things like pricing, paypal buttons to make a purchase, what do you include? :D

2. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

You mean like this link?

No... It might work great for AA (I don't know), but I'd rather keep that information on a need to know basis for my forum. If for no other reason my competitors don't need to know that information.

3. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

4. RockinRobbins

RockinRobbins Adept

First Name:
    Renee

From a learning standpoint I would be interested in hearing from Nick, Chris, or Savage as to whether or not that page "works great." What type of interest does it generate? Also, are the ads that they get through that page for products that are relevant to the people that are on this site? :shrug:

To me I would think that it may be more helpful to contact affiliates that are marketing products in the area of interest to your forum. Let them know that you are willing to post a link to their product for a cut of any sales generated by the link.

Thoughts?
    RR

5. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Yes! I re-worded my post, I did not mean to type what I typed. Sorry!

I too would be interested in the AA staffs input.

6. RockinRobbins

RockinRobbins Adept

First Name:
    Renee
    Hi Abomination!

Not that I didn't believe you - I just figured they would have the "hard facts." :D

7. Nick

Nick Regular Member

That page does work well for us, actually. All of our advertisers have come to us interested in advertising, so I think that's an obvious good sign. We haven't had to promote our advertising slots or anything.

However, we did increase the prices rather substantially, and since then, interest has died down. I'm thinking of lowering them or offering discounts for users based on their post count on the forum.

As for relevancy, most of our advertisers are relevant. Actually, with the exception of SemiAutoRifles in the header, I think they all are fairly relevant.

2 people like this.