On how many forums are you an active member?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Kaiser, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I am the most active on my forum, and then there are a few other webmasters forums that I visit on a daily basis. So I am active on about 5 forums.

Dont post the links to the forums you are active on as this is not an advertisement thread.

2. John15

John15 Regular Member

Im active on about 10, most are webmaster and web design forums.

3. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Not many, maybe 4 or 5, I can't quite remember as most of it is patchy activity

4. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

I've registered on loads of forums in my time, but I'm only active on probably 5 of them. Almost all of them being promotion/resource forums except for two general chat ones. My own and then another one.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea you can probably find me on about thousands of forums, as I have been foruming for along time. And only a few interest me these days, and those are the ones im an active member of.

6. Clickfinity

Clickfinity Regular Member

Four of my own, and four or five other software/webmaster ones. :D

Although I do occasionally take a break from the PC / laptop / iPhone and speak to the people I share a house with ... :thumbsup:

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

You run 4 other forums? Goodness Gracious, thats alot.

8. PixelPirate

PixelPirate Regular Member

Im currently only active on about 3-4 forums. Some are more interesting then others.

9. Clickfinity

Clickfinity Regular Member

I've got plans for more, but not until I can turn my hobby into a proper business venture.

Right now I have a full-time job, a part-time job running a web directory, a busy family life, and then the forums to run.

It would be nice to be able to earn enough from the web work to quit the full-time job and run forums for a living, but you need BIG forums to earn enough to give up the day job ... lol

Right now I'm just satisfied that the hours I put in give people a lot of satisfaction. :)

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

10. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I'm active on a few online communities, but I'm going to be active on a bit more like this place - the community rocks, I was here when it was struggling, and was trying to spark more activity. I think I can be active on a few because I'm knowledgable and I can help others.

Kaiser likes this.
  11. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Good to know cpvr, before you joined AdminBB was even more active than it is now, but unfortunately my long absence caused activity to decrease, but its been a while I have been back, and things are going great.

12. Trombones13

Trombones13 Regular Member

I've got a list of five to ten forums where I'm active, including this one, the one I run, the one I'm an administrator of, and a few others...most are on different topics, lol.

Kaiser likes this.
  13. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Well, an active owner is always the backbone behind a forum's success - unless you have a great team that can take your place, and uproar the community, ya know? Like staff members don't want to be active if the owner isn't. But that's great bro, glad to hear. Are you marketing the forum - or is strictly word of mouth and links on other forums?

Kaiser likes this.
  14. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I advertise on a couple of other webmaster forums im active on... I have thinking about getting google adwords.