OKJT Is Closing

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Dan Hutter, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Karaoke Jocks and Disc Jocks are two separate but very closely related professions. Don't put words in my mouth: Never did I say you weren't real DJs and never did I say the karaoke forum wasn't popular. It WAS popular but only for the train wreck piracy threads which also gained a while lot of complaints. Like it or not I have interests to protect on ODJT and didn't need the pissing matches and reported posts stacking up. Not to mention the few occurrences where "Karaoke Enemies" started chasing each other around the other forums being dinks to each other. Sorry, I'm not going to let a few meat heads ruin an entire community that a lot of people have worked very hard to grow. ODJT's community isn't perfect but I like what we have.

So, we moved to a new site hoping to grow a community similar to ODJT. It turned out to be little more than the same old same old. It wasn't the money. As I've said before since I had a spare license sitting around it cost me very little to setup. For me it was a time drain. Most days I dreaded logging in. When I started skipping logging for 2 or 3 days at a time is when I knew it was time to move on.

Of course you're welcome to think that this was the plan all along what can I do. I'll bow out of this conversation now as I don't want or need to spend time defending these accusations. You don't like your new home, don't visit. It's really that simple.

I don't know where that's coming from. All the off topic posts? Ya, it gets to me too sometimes. It won't be happening anytime soon though. If for some reason in the future I cannot continue to run ODJT it will be handed off to one of my co-admins to run the show.

2. DannyGKaraoke

DannyGKaraoke Regular Member

Attached Files:

3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    hmm, I thought I had deleted that..
    I think it was part of the old okjt forums and it came over with the import maybe?
    I noticed it yesterday after I merged the 2 sites.
    Although I'd love to have the full DJ site over here, that wasn't part of Dan or my agreement.

4. DannyGKaraoke

DannyGKaraoke Regular Member

Wasn't trying to be a troublemaker I just noticed it when I came over.

5. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I'm laughing my arse off over here. Brandon's been seeing Our DJ Talk in my signature on forums for years. It was probably a typo.

6. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    so you didn't make it?
    hmm.. I was and still am, under the weather today
    but I don't remember making the forum with that description

either way it's removed now :D

7. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

It possible it was a forum I forgot to delete when I did the import from the main board. I've been know to do silly thing like that. :D

8. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    no biggy, it's taken care of now