Notifications?

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by monsieurjohn, Jul 31, 2000.

1. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

i think you should have a thing towards the top of the main forum page that tells you if anyone has posted a reply in a topic you've posted in. i have trouble remembering all the boards i've posted in, and it'd be cool if the god of the forums would tell me automatically

----------------------------
    This message will self-destruct in 5...4...3...

2. Finity

Finity Regular Member

you know what? this is exactly what i was going to post coming to the suggestion box. how did you know that? GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!

3. liltaz

liltaz Regular Member

But if you check notification it sends you e-mail (when this function is working)

A conservative is a liberal who's been mugged.

4. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

yeah, but that gunks up my e-mail... it'd be easier to see it at the top of the page, maybe as links so you could go straight there.

Finity: i've been scanning the minds of all abductees for good ideas I can claim as my own

This message will self-destruct in 5...4...3...

5. liltaz

liltaz Regular Member

That is kind of a good idea. I like that. Especially since the e-mail notification doesn't work.

A conservative is a liberal who's been mugged.

6. Finity

Finity Regular Member

the email notification used to work....isnt that only in when yer making a new topic anyways? not one youve posted in? oh well, maybe im just retarded

7. liltaz

liltaz Regular Member

Yes, finity, it's only when you make a new topic but it's not working right now as far as I know...

8. Banshee Laughter

Banshee Laughter Regular Member

I was wondering about this option also... the email notification thing. Do you think it would be possible to have the option available for anyone? Including someone who doesn't start a topic?

I've seen an option that included a little box you could click on when you posted to a topic... it offered email notification anytime someone else posted to that topic. You didn't have to start the topic... it was just available if you were wanting to follow a certain topic. It really came in handy because that way you didn't have to remember the name of the topic, you could just zip over to it when you got the email. The email notification included a link to the forum as well as a link to that particular topic. It really did come in handy, especially for those of us who have a hard time remembering the names of topics. I'd love to see the option available here, but I have no idea how much work it would be to set it up.

Just a thought!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  9. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Hiya,

Fusetalk offers this feature (ability for you to get e-mail notifications without having to be a topic starter), however it is not available (to the best of my knowledge) in the UBB community as a hack...

However, I believe their is one that will change the look of folders to an alternate image inside the topic list page, which will tell you their are new messages inside a thread you've posted in. I'll look over that code and see how tested it is...

Alien - Administrator / Owner
    ["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
    rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]