New here~~~So Hello All!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by The Smoking Gun!, Nov 6, 2009.

1. The Smoking Gun!

The Smoking Gun! Lurker

First Name:
    Daniel
    Hi All!

I just popped in here to introduce myself.

My name is Daniel, but I go by The Smoking Gun! for a few reasons, but you can address me simply as TSG!

Unless you find some other variance of The Smoking Gun! more to your liking, that's fine since the rules here would keep it from ever being something offensive!

I chose this user name initially by an accidental memory flaw that confused characters from the X-Files, those being The Smoking Man, and the spin-off series The Lone Gunmen! and inadvertently ended up with The Smoking Gun!

I never changed it once realizing my faux-paux, because it suited my perseverance of challenging those who would falsely represent services or products, or those who would take advantage of other's limited experience or knowledge about something.

Although there are allot of stupid people in this world, that does not give anyone the right to part them from their money illegitimately.

So I will educate those who fall prey to monetary predators, and help them to not be taken advantage of, by showing them what they may have failed to see in how something is being marketed.

But if they are made aware of those aspects of a marketing technique, and still decide to buy it, or in to it, well then they are on their own, and deserve to lose their money this way, because that is ignorance, and you just can't tell people what they do not want to know.

So being respectful of people's rights to make their own decisions, I do not try to impose my thoughts or perspective upon anyone, and will only provide an observation in this respect, once, and unless it is responded with asking to learn more, or a specific request for help with learning why something may not be a fair deal or offer, then that is the end of it.

I look forward to my experiences here, and interactions of learning from the huge amount of probably a decade or more of Admin Experience compiled in to these forums!

Have yourself a great day!
    Peace,
    TSG!

2. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

Kudos to the principles. Great to see it in light of *cough* recent events. ;)

Welcome to the AA Hood! :D

3. Dave

Dave Regular Member

Hi TSG..welcome.;)

4. The Smoking Gun!

The Smoking Gun! Lurker

First Name:
    Daniel
    Thanks for the warmth...in your welcomes, and very nice of you to comment positively on my ethics and integrity.

So with that said, it only goes to say, we will do best to leave what happens on other boards, on other boards though!

This seems like a mellow place where balance and judgment comes before passion and rash responses, so lets leave those discussions elsewhere, shall we?

I have come here, and decided to join, because despite those ethics and the integrity that supports them, it will be good to have a "moral compass" if you will, by which to have as a sounding board to bounce ideas and situations off of as they arise, to help to make fair judgment calls and keep the best interests of the growing community in perspective.

Gee I hope I am not expecting too much from here, am I? LOL!

I used to go to another Admin forum board, but I think it was recently sold, and that in itself makes it too impersonal for my needs, but it never gave me that impression of being more community minded rather than just there for the sake of having traffic, I don't know, it just didn't feel like it "fit" me!

I'll get a better idea of what you are all about ater some time spent reading and asking questions.

Cheers,
    TSG!

5. hotwheels

hotwheels Champion

First Name:
    doug
    Hello Daniel and welcome to adminaddict.

6. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Hey there, welcome to the community! Please enjoy your time. :)

7. Webmist

Webmist Champion

First Name:
    Jen
    Hi TSG, Welcome!