Multiple background images supported in latest Mozilla build

Discussion in 'Skinning, Design and Graphics' started by Soliloquy, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Last week Mozilla released their 3.6 alpha version of Firefox with support for multiple CSS background images (and a background size property, and CSS gradients, among other things). I haven't downloaded the alpha release myself yet, but plan to try it out once people have started experimenting with the multiple background image capabilities. If you hear of any designers putting up examples of how this could be used, please post a link to it!

2. David

David Regular Member

Interesting, but is this a mozilla only feature or is this part of the new CSS3 and HTML5?

3. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

CSS3, I have been reading a book on it, I started to use it but haven't gotten the chance to try multiple backgrounds.

4. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

Multiple backgrounds is a CSS3 feature. I believe newer webkit builds support it as well. Of course CSS3 is in full flux right now and it will be 3-5 years at least before it is recommended as a standard.

Heck, they were supposed to vote on making CSS 2.1 a recommended standard in July of this year and haven't done so yet.