MSF Premium Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by datrue_canadian, Oct 24, 2010.

1. datrue_canadian

datrue_canadian Regular Member

We have added the option for users to purchase a Premium Membership Subscription for varied lengths via the UserCP. The fees associated with these subscriptions are small, but do open up more options to the user while using the site.

Some enhanced features include a Private Message inbox size of 1,000 messages, can set themselves to "Invisible" while viewing site, larger profile picture and avatar sizes, extensive use of signatures (larger image sizes) and space, may hide reputation from others, is viewable on the "Forum Leaders" page, as well as a private Premium Members forum.

More features will be added as time passes and features become available.

The subscription lengths are:
    1 month: $2 USD
    3 months: $5 USD
    6 months: $9 USD
    12 months: $16 USD

HTML may also be added to a username and Usertitle as the user pleases. Please contact Michelle or Mike to arrange for these settings.

I hope you enjoy these features and I would love to hear your thoughts/suggestions regarding this.

To get your subscription, please visit; UserCP>Miscellaneous>Paid Subscriptions>Choose length from the dropdown menu. Or you may follow this link which will take you to the page: Premium Membership Subscription(Link)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Too high of a cost for a subscription

3. princezna8

princezna8 Regular Member

Two dollars is expensive???

If I had the means to get the money to you, I would... Maybe I should just walk to Canada and give you 2money for two years.... :D

4. Guest

Guest Guest

$2 a month for a forum which has less than 80 members is expensive....

5. desalvionjr

desalvionjr Regular Member

people do have a point about the costs.... maybe 2 dollars a year... but the current price for a board this small is just insane...

6. datrue_canadian

Im sorry you guys feel that way. When deciding on costs, I personally did not think $2 was too steep. We expected there to be some disagreement on prices as there is always a difference in opinions wherever you go.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, if you enjoy the community and want to see it continue to prosper, this is one of the simple things that a user could consider if they chose to ensure its continuance. Keeping a site on the web is not free and there are fees/costs involved. The goal of this subscription was to help ofset the cost, and allow for more features for the community to be purchased.

Even if you are not willing to purchase the premium membership, there will still be options and opportunities to obtain a subscription free of charge through competitions and contests we have on the site.

One contest I have been thinking about would be through a game in the arcade. It would be installed JUST PRIOR to the release of the contest, and would be locked down so no-one person can practice while others are left behind. It will be a secret, and Michelle and I will not participate.

So, before you judge and post negatively about the decision I have made and starting costs for the membership i have entered, think about what actually goes on behind the scenes and what fees/charges are associated with running a website.

If you have any suggestions for the premium membership, I would love to hear from you. You can PM me, e-mail me, post your thoughts/suggestions to a thread, or whatever form of communication you choose.

I just ask that you please not throw this addition i have made to the dogs just yet. Give it some time.

Thank You.

7. datrue_canadian

Running a website comes with fees/charges. The hope for this option was to try and offset the cost and ensure the site makes it through the tough times no matter what.

At the time, Michelle and I thought $2 was an acceptable amount. We are always open to your suggestions, and with that being said, would like to know what you would be happy with for costs.

Keep in mind opportunities for free memberships will come about as we progress, but this wont be an immediate thing.

So, What do you think would be a "more appropriate" cost for our community?

8. princezna8

princezna8 Regular Member

I think the prices are great where they are... I mean most sites cost more then that. I was on a forum where monthly was like $12. Even if it is little right now, it could get bigger. You don't have to buy membership anyways but, it does cost money to keep a site running.

9. desalvionjr

well it IS good pricing, but NOT YET for this site... we need to start cheaper... when we are larger that pricing model would be a better choice...

10. datrue_canadian

suggestions?

11. imported_Michelle

imported_Michelle Regular Member

Haha Mike you ain't seen my bill yet mwhaaaaaaaaa :48:

*disclaimer - just joking! (or am I......;))

12. desalvionjr

5 USD a year?

13. The Law

The Law Regular Member

Question: What happens if we utilize the larger avatar pics and bigger signatures but then our free subscription runs out in a month?? We have to pay to keep them correct?

14. datrue_canadian

unless you win some of our competitions we are working on :D

But yes...that is correct.

15. The Law

The Law Regular Member

Ok. Thank you very much. :)

16. Brookie

Brookie Regular Member

Who has actually paid for it yet?

17. desalvionjr

I purchased 25 years worth already!

18. BillyG

BillyG Regular Member

Thought I'd put my two cents in here. I've only been here a short time and I think this is an awesome forum. Of course, it is a work in progress and I know it will get better and better with time. Mike's working on things to improve the forum and there will be contests from time to time. However, running a forum isn't free. There's the domain name that has to be renewed every year. There's servers that have to be updated. There's the time that Mike and Michelle put in. And there's other misc. costs.

I think what Mike wants to charge for a Premium membership is very reasonable. Thirty days for two dollars? That's six cents a day! Try it for a month and if you don't think you're getting your money's worth, don't renew. In my opinion, the larger avatars are worth the six cents a day.

It's like this. Mike has provided us a place to meet, to talk about what's on our minds and has thrown in games, contests, chat rooms and more. The least we can do is help pay for it all.