Most revenue you've made in one year?

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by cpvr, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

The only site that allows you to play if from the US is Bovada as far as I know and they are pretty crappy...They take months to pay cashouts.. I cashed out 3K from them in January and I just got the check like last month.. Its not a substainable income like the other sites were.. Unless you know a better site?? When FullTilt and PokerStars were still in full swing I was cashing out like 2 to 5K every week.. I was killing it online :( But alas that is now dried up and gone

2. bauss

bauss Regular Member

No.... Bovada is garbage I agree, but they aren't the only site. Bet Online, Carbon Poker, Lock Poker, and Skill Bet all accept US players.

Brandon likes this.
  3. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

Which one is the best one? Ill give it a try.. I am always looking for new sites

Brandon likes this.
  4. bauss

bauss Regular Member

I would recommend Carbon Poker, I have heard some issues with Bet Online, but the users did eventually get paid. If you sign up, I'd appreciate it if you use my affiliate link(by clicking the banner on my poker forum).

Brandon likes this.
  5. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Well, my revenue is going up made $80 last month, and the month before that, I made $60. I'm not including donations though, that's just on Adsense. I also have youtube videos running that bring in change because of my brother.

Dan Hutter likes this.
  6. thenextGeek

thenextGeek Regular Member

Well, all I earned from all these online experience of mine is 35$. Not much but hey, its better than nothing right? I'm still getting used to the online working industry so I think I'm happy with the results so far. I still have a lot of years ahead of me, and I'll make sure that I earn as much as you guys do. Thanks for inspiring me. :)

7. moneyman

moneyman Regular Member

Last year I made online in total maybe 500$. Not much but it feels good to buy something useful which you normally would have to use money from your own pocket but it is instead the money you have made practically doing something you are normally doing - sitting by the computer.

8. VegitoTM

VegitoTM Regular Member

I currently do not have advertisements on my forum as I feel it wouldn't exactly please my users. I am not much of a monetize by cashing in with my forum but I may try it in the future and see how it works out but if my forum complain about it or find it distracting I will have it removed almost instantly with no questions asked.

9. domenico

domenico Regular Member

Sorry I was away from this forum the last few months since I was very busy starting some new projects. Something fishy you say?

Check it out yourself. www.webhostingtalk.nl

Oh this forum has so many custom plugins running it isn't funny anymore. Most of them are not really visible to you guys.

At the moment we are working on a new design which I hope will get online within the next few month's.

But tell me, why couldn't I make so much money with a forum. I'm very curious for your answer. :)

10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Regular Member

Do you have reviews of hosting companies on your website?
    Your website is very well known in the Netherlands.

11. xelA

xelA Regular Member

First Name:
    Alex
    Around $190k last year, but expect to make a little less this year due to the EPN changes.

AWS likes this.
  12. Florence Jensen

Florence Jensen Regular Member

This is the 1st year I made more than 100 euro with one forum. Why do you guys relay on AdSense so much?

13. monetizer

monetizer Regular Member

1. Earnings discussion is irrelevant. Traffic & niche is what matters.
    2. People get "adzone blindeness" pretty soon. They know where adzones are and learn to avoid even looking at them.
    a) change adzone placement once in a while
    b) change adzone dimensions if possible. 250x250 & 300x250 px have often double CTR comparing to other adzones
    c) If it somewhat fits, integrate adzone in text or other content. But avoid getting it close to other clickable content as Adsense don't like accidental clicks.
    3. Use affiliate link wrapping like SKIMLINKS or VIGLINK. (Viglink has support for Forums which modify directly database, so you don't use slow javascript). You can hit my sig for more info if you want. EDIT: no links in SIG, so -> http://www.monetizeforum.ml
    People link Amazon, Ebay .... in Threads & replies all the time. Monetize it.
    4. In-text advertising like TextLinkAds can bring more profit that Adsense. But I would avoid it as it's annoying and you might lose many members.

14. sucbohuc

sucbohuc Regular Member

Just ads? Not a whole lot probably $4k that's mostly from private advertising deals. @Cerberus, I have to pick your brain about Adsense one of these days.