micaman has landed!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Guest, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi everyone!

I was stuck in the "meeting room" over at SouthernLady Security. I finally lost enough weight on the fourth day to slip through the AC opening. I now know for a fact that you can't eat data cables, but the mouse cooks up pretty nice.

It looks like a very W I D E range of topics anound here - very cool!

Thanks for having me here at Southerngazebo! I will update the twenty - thirty sites that has the SLS web address and point them HERE!

If you want to view more information about me, just visit this page.

:outofhere: micaman

2. bozodog

bozodog Regular Member

Welcome Micaman! Watched your posts over at SLS. Good to have your expetise over here. Sit down and have some cookies and a cuppa.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey Micaman! Glad you finally "slimmed" your way over here. ;)

4. Reddie

Reddie Regular Member

Welcome, MicaMan! Hope you enjoy this site. We're a fun bunch. Carol

5. southernlady

southernlady Regular Member

:welcometotheforum: micaman, I was really hoping you would make it over here. As you might notice I posted most of the topics over here from SLS and those that were originally yours, are credited to you.

I am also going to adjust your post count since you had almost 300 posts over there when I closed the board. So don't be surprised to see a jump in rank :)

It's great to have you aboard. Liz

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome to the board, glad to have you.

jase :flowers:

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Micaman and welcome! I've lurked at SLS and feel like I already know you.
    Wow, your website has a lot in it! Nice work....do you still do furniture work? The only furniture creation I've done is to "redesign" existing pieces to suit my needs, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Ah, the sweet smell of sawdust....first thing I do when I enter a lumberyard is sniff and grin (my kids call it my "contact buzz" :wiggle: )

AnotherLiz

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome Micaman, hope to see ya around. I'm sure my hubby will enjoy having you here.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you so much to all of you!

You have made me feel very welcomed and I am glad to know all of you! I will try and help everyone here and if I can be of further help to anyone - just ask! I will spend some time reading all of the cool posts and I am sure I will learn a whole bunch from Southerngazebo. At first, I did not understand the name but after looking over the topics, I have come to think of it as a large gathering of friends talking about "everything in life." After spending around 70 hours a week on computers and the related subjects, it will be refreshing to be under the gazebo with friends talking about the many of subjects of life! I have had many health issues (after two auto accidents) and can relate to the things posted.

I was a little upset to see SLS go, but I understand things happen! I tried to look after SLS as my own site and cared for it greatly. I sent as many guests as I could and I will do the same here! God bless you all!

Hey blim, Thanks for checking out my site. I have many upgrades in store for it as it continues to grow. I have several books full of my work that will make it onto my site throughout the year. I also have five other domains that are coming online that will be all computer related. I just need more time to get everything done!! As a webmaster for clients, designer & builder of computers (called MICAMACHINES), Network Administrator for a lawfirm, publisher of my websites, writing my first software program (security related - of course), beta testing software for five companies (mainly Microsoft), and yes, still designing and building furniture, store fixtures, buildings and even a boat or two!

Sounds like a crazy life - I know. I am glad to have a strong 15 year marriage with a wife (she is in college to become a first grade school teacher) that lets me attack life as I wish. After she gets out of school, she wants me to build her a small private school, so my projects will not let up for some time. If you ever have any furniture questions - just ask and I will do my best to answer. As much as I love computers, cutting wood is at the top of my list! I was set to get my general contractors license, but the first auto accident derailed that. As a third generation italian designer/builder - it has been a big part of my life. I am currently rebuilding my parents home in my spare time (HA HA - spare time).

Again, thanks for the nice welcome!

:outofhere: micaman

10. southernlady

southernlady Regular Member

micaman, I greatly appreciated that and so did Dave. Closing SLS was not something we did lightly but with both of us dealing with health issues, it made sense. We knew however, that closing SLS would affect you more than anyone cause you posted there so much trying to help us. Thank you for that.

Southerngazebo has the potential for much more and greater growth because of it's diversity of topics. And the group here is fantastic. I'm glad you are a part of that now. Liz

11. DaveMo

DaveMo Regular Member

Hi Micaman, welcome to SG. I'm glad you made it over here. I'd like to join with Liz in saying that all your work at SLS is greatly appreciated, and we're certainly glad you're here.

Dave :D

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Liz and Dave!

I think SG has a lot of great things coming it's way! I have been changing the SL links everywhere to SG. I will work just as hard here to bring something different and new to the forum.

I always keep a few things just for ya'll, so it only shows up here!

Hope to bring some new people here as well. I have put up another site at http://www.safelockdown.org/ and SG is listed.

If I can be of service...just ask.

-James