MetalGearFans - A Metal Gear Community

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Carlos, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

Are you a fan of Solid Snake? Raiden? Big Boss?

It was launched on April 8th, 2011 as neoMetalGear. The site did not soar despite rumors of a new Metal Gear title to be released. That November, the domain expired, and I pondered of what to do next... Then it hit me, MetalGearFans? I rushed to search it, lo' and behold, it's not taken. I bought it, took the vanity names on Facebook and Twitter. Soon thereafter, I launched the site and it was not gathering steam until about mid-2012, when some users found the site and it went viral.

It was unexpected; traffic spiked when people used my MGS5 article to "confirm" the development of MGS5. This is despite the fact that Metal Gear Rising was already revealed, to which I posted articles about. Not detered by this, I banked on the rising popularity of MGS5, MGRising, and the upcoming Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. I was patient for a while, until now.

I got a new skin for the site, and it's LIVE. http://www.metalgearfans.com I've recently added favicon, logo, and banner to the site! :)

It's a small site, and hopefully, the site takes off on Metal Gear Rising's impending launch.

2. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I remember the original game well, it was one I completed right to the very end. That's brings back some old memories, superb game in it's time.

3. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

I played Metal Gear on NES and I didn't like it much, until Metal Gear Solid came out... Ever since, I've followed the series closely.

Here's one of the musical scores of the series...