Member complaints

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by FullMetalBabe, Jun 15, 2009.

1. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I do not know if this thread was made before... but I didn't see it! So sorry!!

Ok, well there are some members on sites which complain about everything and anything... As members, do you think it's still right?

I mean I would understand that the admin says 'we listen to all of your complaints' but some of these complains can be ridiculously silly! Though the silliest thing can make the biggest change.

Personally I am puzzled with this, I go to forum who say 'we listen to every complaints the members make' but at some seconds as members 'complaining' they tell the member to 'stop complaining'. Why would people sell but not give what they're selling?

I think I have it very clear on the little members I have on Pisoga, that I do listen to all complaints, but that I would take them into consideration is another thing.

On the other forum, they do not even find the reasoning on some of the complaints, and because they receive so much, they don't even pay attention.

Do you guys think even the silliest complaint should be taken? What if you guys had another complaint about the same thing more than four times, would you blow off on the users? Also, do you have a separate section on your forum for complaints or how do your members file complaints?

2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I won't "blow them off", but I will tell them that, at the time, I am not really interested in changing and/or modifying the aspect in which they are complaining about (or referring to). As annoying as these members can be, it's imperative to cooperate with them for the sake of the community.

:)

3. labrocca

labrocca Addict

First Name:
    Jesse
    I just start deleting their threads and posts with the suggestion. They get the hint quick enough.

4. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Pretty to the point system you have there. :rofl:

5. Tom

Tom Regular Member

That's for sure.

6. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I try to respond to complaints when they're reasonable, but occasionally they're about things the user will just have to put up with.

7. labrocca

labrocca Addict

First Name:
    Jesse
    Oh don't assume I delete all complaints but if I have someone annoying me...I just delete their crap. I feel better afterwards and I know the complainer normally gets pissed which is a double win for me. Let them feel frustrated for once.

8. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    you cant please everyone on a forum and there is always someone who will complain. our staff do listen to complaints and suggestions, if its just one member who wants something changed but the rest are happy with it, we wont change it, but if a few complain then we will try and improve.

examples of this are that one member sent a pm to an admin, complaining about something (and then we made the changes she wanted) but then most of the other members complained about the changes, so we put things back, however when an admin changed the skin of the forum, and most of the members didnt like it, we changed it to the old one, and put a few others of various colours to choose from, kept everyone happy.