Master list of vB 4 Frenzy Articles

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Nick, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Several articles have been published in the past week or so that address the recent vB 4 / Internet Brands frenzy. I'd like to create a master thread here with links to each of these blog entries.

Please post any that you find, here. I know there are several, but the only one I can currently locate are the two Register articles:

2. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

No worries, Shelley. :cool:

4. ruiner

ruiner Novice

First Name:
    Steve
  5. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

I wrote a sort of frenzy article, although shorter and more laid back than most others here:

vBulletin 4... The Sheer Chaos Continues - DS Ultimate Forums- Nintendo DS forums

Because writing a 30 page guide to something in a video game, then a twenty page article about the same series meant there was no way in hell I'd write another ten pages.

Funny situation too, I've got the unfortunate situation of pretty much my entire memberbase WANTING my site to use vBulletin 4...

6. Haltech

Haltech Novice

First Name:
    Kevin
  7. Webmist

Webmist Champion

First Name:
    Jen
    I was roaming and found this article which I thought was interesting. It looks like IB was prepared for the uproar and possible effects. Though to this extent is questionable. If you read the noted pictures.
    Banned From vBulletin.com

8. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Great post June. I would have simply hit the 'thanks' button and not made this post if the 'thanks' was enabled in this forum.

9. Webmist

Webmist Champion

First Name:
    Jen
    Your welcome anyway. I ran across it browsing some of the articles. Sent me into silent mode when I saw the date. Which was not good. I've express a few opinions, keep most to myself as I try to see things from both sides.

10. hotwheels

hotwheels Champion

First Name:
    doug
    great post guys/gals, thanks a bunch.

11. Medora

Medora Regular Member

Thanks for the URLs, Nick. To add to your topic, here is a topic wherein Nexia rebuts, and has an interesting discussion about, The Register article.

12. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Interesting!

13. hotwheels

hotwheels Champion

First Name:
    doug
    For those that want to try, here is a contact that is above Ray Morgan: [email protected]

If you do email this person, please do so respectfully.

14. hotwheels

hotwheels Champion

First Name:
    doug
    I hate to say it, but that guy is full of poopoo, nexialys. All he was doing over at vbulletin.com was kissing up to Ray Morgan and always trying to say that those of us that truly believed we had been wronged, weren't. My last communication with this guy is the thread in which i reported myself to the moderators at vbulletin.com. Nexialys talks down to people and does it in such a way, if you do respond to him, you will receive an infraction at vb.com.
    From my take on what he is saying in that thread, he is just being politically correct so that he can rejoin the conversations at vb.com. He has given up fighting against the powers over at vb.com at will soon be talking in a way as to "not be disruptive", or in my thoughts "saying what is on your mind." So good job Nexialys, you have stated your case in a way that comes across as um, smooooooooooochy smoooooooochy on buttocks.

15. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

Nexia is still trying to kiss IB's a$$ isn't he? I haven't read the thread...
    He told me privately that the old vB developers are lazy and unimaginative and that is why they left. That the IB team were much better and he would have wanted to work with them.
    That guy is kind like that guy Jim Carey plays, that has mutliple personalities. Sometimes I think he has a point, sometimes I want to strangle him. (figuratively speaking)

16. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Nexia. Anyone know about his background? He seems to mix up his words in a strange way, missing pronouns, changing tense at strange times, things like that. I can't tell if he is typing quickly or what is going on.

17. Been Told

Been Told Regular Member

He said somewhere that he is dyslexic. Not sure if he was serious or not. He is actually french canadian, so his unusual grammar might be explained that way.

18. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Now I understand. Thanks!

19. hotwheels

hotwheels Champion

First Name:
    doug
    Lol, he is dyslexic alright...........lmao.

20. Haltech

Haltech Novice

First Name:
    Kevin
    He's scottish... that is probably why.. Im Welsh and my wife is Irish. Most from Ireland and Scotland get their grammar mixed up... plus the way they read things is different then in the US.