Making sure I know before I buy a vBulletin license

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Peacelily, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Peacelily

Peacelily Adept

Can someone please review and make sure I understand the purchasing of a pre-owned vB license?

I buy one.

This new license will be attached to my existing vBulletin account and I will show has having a leased license and an owned license.

When my leased license expires in October, I will still be covered because now I will have the owned license under my name?

Thanks for your patience with these dumb questions.

2. kev

kev Regular Member

That should pretty much be it.

I currently have 3 licenses - all three are under one account. When I closed one of my sites, and moved it to a new domain name - I just edited the information in my account and pointed the license to the new domain name.

If you have a leased license, and an owned, just point both to the same domain name and be done with it. When one expires, your still covered.

3. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    That sounds right to me, too.

I've transferred several licenses between domains in the past and there's been no problem, but they were all licenses that I purchased new.

You said a pre-owned license? I believe you need to talk to vB support or sales about transferring as they say it's subject to their approval, and they do have a few rules attached.

So talk to Jelsoft about it and they will answer any questions you have. :)

4. kneel

kneel Regular Member

yeaa i would talk to Wayne Luke about it just to CYA... he wont steer u wrong.