Looks like I'm gonna give IPB a go!

Discussion in 'IP.Board Discussions' started by Brooker, Feb 18, 2010.

1. x30

x30 Newcomer

I think you will really enjoy the software.

2. Maman1544

Maman1544 Newcomer

I am in exactly the same boat. Our forums have 1.6 million posts and I am tired of waiting for something in VB4 to impress me. Read too many VB4 horror stories and just lost my confidence in vb.

I bought IPB -- board, blog and gallery. We use wordpress as our CMS and have no need to change that. But we made a test copy of the database and tried to convert it. Had a lot of problems, we tried ourselved and got everything converted except posts.

We asked IPB for help and I have to tell you I couldn't be any happier with the results. We are just officially starting our test, I have opened it up to mods and key users. But the IPB tech did stuff for us off-hours and was very professional. They definitely aren't making money on these conversions, he worked hard on it.

Anyhow -- I am hoping the rest of the testing goes well, off to a good start.

Also, glad I found this site. Was looking for a good IPB resource and this seems like an excellent community!

3. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

Good input madman. Keep us posted on how things are going.

For reasons completely unrelated to software, our conversion is taking much time. Of course I knew that would be the case many months ago.

4. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    I'm making the switch to IPB as well. The main reason is the cost of a custom skin is a lot cheaper than one for a vB board. Anyhow, I'm not sure how far away it is from being done but shouldn't be that much longer.

5. theseller

theseller Regular Member

The price now for IPB is only 55$ for 2nd hand license. If anyone of you guys interested please PM me.

6. Imperial

Imperial Adept

Every single time I see a IPB, I'm increasingly tempted to make the shift over to IPB. Only reason I don't is because I've already got a 3rd vBulletin license floating around not being used and I'm so deeply rooted in vB for my current forums. Just can't match the mods I need without forking out the money.

IPB has a distinct lead in this generation of software, its frustrating as a vB customer!

7. Raina

Raina Newcomer

I love IPB. It's way better than vB in my opinion.

8. gallitin

gallitin Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    I moved mine after almost 2 years on vBulletin, you won't be disappointed.

9. NickyJ

NickyJ Newcomer

The only thing that makes vb better than IPB is the social groups. If IPB had a social groups area like vb, I would've chosen IPB over vb.