Looking for sock puppets!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by LEcso, Mar 19, 2016.

1. LEcso

LEcso Dan

Hi, this is not so much an introduction as a request. I'm studying forensic linguistics at postgraduate level, and for a research project I'd be really interested in hearing from any blog or bulletin board admins who suspect the presence of sock puppets on their boards/forums. Put simply, if you suspect a banned user has come back with a new user name, or is using multiple user names simultaneously, then as part of my project I would like use linguistic analysis to identify similarities between the posts/comments made using different accounts, and write up the results in a mock "experts report". If you think you have any miscreants like this on your blog, forum or site and would be interested in taking part, please send me an email and I can tell you more about it.

Best regards,

Dan

PS Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place - if it needs moving or is not deemed acceptable by users of this forum please let me know. This seems a good place to find people who administrate bulletin boards/comments on websites.

2. jp17

jp17 Regular Member

What is your email address?

3. LEcso

LEcso Dan