Looking for a Mod to do Shop Reviews

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by gnatster, Nov 6, 2009.

1. gnatster

gnatster Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    I want to add the ability to list, comment on and rate local shops for an auto based forum.

Idealy it would function somewhat like vb.org does where there is a main post that has details about the shop. Subsequent posts in the thread would be comments. Users could also rate the shop using some graphic like stars...or in my case I'd go cutsie and use MINI's instead as the graphic.

Ok, thats the easy part...I think I saw a mod to create threads in the vb.org manner. Hard item to find in a search.

The kicker...Google Maps should work with this and have a search by city, state or zip function. I can wait for international, 96% of my traffic is from the US.

Anyone know of anything like this?

2. Chani

Chani Grand Master

First Name:
    Chani
    Yikes....

Until you mentioned Google Maps, I would have suggested GARS or vBa Dynamics.

I wonder if it would be possible to create a module for Dynamics to show each shop's location on Google Maps?

3. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

I am waiting for the vb suite to see if that can do something like this. Probably not perfect, but it might meet our needs.

4. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

For this part, which is only part of your whole desire, it would be called Chief First Post. There is forum based and there is thread based.

I use forum based, which means only threads in designated forum are in this setup.