Logos- Decisions

Discussion in 'Skinning, Design and Graphics' started by Shelley, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

I'm pondering and debating with myself what logo I should use (Both are similar. I've included them with backgrounds in the following previews as they'll be transparent in the finalized and won't show very well against this background.

Thoughts on which one I should use? I'm debating because of the jogging skank I inserted in the top logo (which some members might find offensive) That is basically the decision breaker.

1. awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_8340177884d7a9fe331f6062228a681b.png

2. View attachment awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_181746caca12f9ddd8494fc4567b48e0.png

2. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I like the second one better; even without the jogging skank issue, the second one is less complicated with fewer distractions.

3. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Hmmm, I actually like the second one as well, I am a fan of the sleeping smiley.

4. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I agree with what has already been said - I prefer the second logo, as well. ;)

5. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

I like the 2nd one, but I want the balloons! :D

6. Chris

Chris Regular Member

So do I, Arny... so do I. :D

7. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Balloons!!! <3 ;~; I want the sleeping smiley!!!

8. torque

torque Regular Member

I like the second one - however love the ballons and sleeping smiley

9. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I guess I've got the dissenting opinion (as I often do) here. I really like the first one, but with a couple of minor tweaks: switch the big smiley on the right, to the one with the pink bow, and; ridden of the skank. That would make it my perfect choice.

If you do decide to go with the second one though, I'd recommend at least changing the font to the one used on the first banner... I like that one because it's more creative and "fun".

10. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I personally prefer the font on the second version; I think it's clearer and easier to read.

11. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Is that a "sleeping" emoticon, or is it really an "infant" emoticon throwing a tantrum and holding balloons?

12. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I like the first one, minus the 'skank' lol.

13. MsJac

MsJac Adept

First Name:
    Jacquii
    The first one with the pink-bow smiley instead of the green and the verdana-like font instead of the print font - perhaps even make the pink-bow smiley blink or the balloons could sort of blow around in the wind maybe - a little subtle animation would be unique ((yeah yeah yeah - I know logo shouldn't really have animation :P - but still...))

Anyway - I likes it Girl = Nice design!

Jacquii.

14. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Thanks for the comments, I'll be removing the jogging skank. I thought the comic font fitted but if some people are finding it uneasy on the eyes then I'll look for an alternative. I quite liked the balloons and it seems others liked them so I'll keep those in.

As for the big smiley and the bow. I have to disagree, the bow didn't sit quite right on the big smiley and somehow look strange but I'll tinker some more on another creation.

As for animation, I will definitely not be having animation because I really want to keep the logo in .png format and I know going to gif will result in loss in quality because of the exceeding 256 colours that limit .gif. Plus the added incentive that I would like to keep it static. :D

Any suggestions (and if anyone would like to recommened a font for the slogan) that would be great. When it comes to fonts I usually remain in the generic range but on this occasion i want to break free from the generic font usage for the slogan.

Thanks again.

15. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

16. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

Thanks FMB - I was hoping you would reply. I noticed you have a very good eye when it comes to font selection. I like those fonts but keep the ideas/suggestions coming as I always keep an open mind and embrace other ideas.

Thus far, I have taken onboard the suggestions with the logo and this is the finalized logo so far but with other suggestions it may change.

Logo thus far (screenshot below)

17. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

Why don't you go out of the box a little and show off your talents and make your logo 'talk' to the client? You make such great animated smilies, why don't you add some of that to your logo? The balloons swaying in the wind. Or the guys on the right talking to each other...something crazy.

Just something out of the box...which that forum is to begin with :)

18. Shelley

Shelley Regular Member

The thing is, if I start adding animations, I'll have to use the .gif format. I'll loose quality because the logo uses more than 256 colours and I won't be able to retain a high quality image unless I output to flash, with that I want to keep the filesize down as much as possible but not too much that it affects quality. I hear what your saying though. Maybe I could add in some perspective which (while static) would bring the logo to life.

I'll think of something though, it may be a case of going back to the drawing board and creating a new design. ;)

19. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

Actually prefer the first logo in the first post without the large smiley on the right. Appears you have gone a different direction so as long as it works for you.

20. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot