Living Avatars

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by FashionGal, Sep 27, 2009.

1. FashionGal

FashionGal Novice

First Name:
    Oneika
    I was linked to Living Avatars in hopes it could implement the idea of having a section for dressing up an avatar, etc. At first look, I wasn't intrigued, but then something clicked, I started to browse. For 30 dollars, I am beyond impressed - and there's a variety of avatar packs to choose from. There's a pack for nearly every occasion!

So I'm wondering, who has used Living Avatars? Were you happy with the service, did your users appreciate it, and would you recommend me to use it.

2. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I've been using it on one forum to create faces, but most people prefer to use their own picture as an avatar. I've also been working on a fashion pack for another site, but won't buy another copy of the script until the pack is ready to go. Unfortunately I've discovered that it doesn't handle rectangular avatars well; it distorts the image.

3. FashionGal

FashionGal Novice

First Name:
    Oneika
    That's not good, but generally, I am impressed with your feedback. If it's not LivingAvatars for 30 dollars, what are some other suggestions? I want to provide users with the best experience possible.

4. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

I tried Living Avatars once but no one used it. Now, I just link my site to Gravater.com. If they want to upload their own avatar, that will be used. If not, than I'll pull a random default based on their email address from Gravatar.com.

5. FashionGal

FashionGal Novice

First Name:
    Oneika
    Sounds good, Wayne. Maybe once I launch, I'll post a global announcement about what they would think of having that. If nobody likes it, I can use the 30 dollars on advertising instead.