little things

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by monsieurjohn, Mar 25, 2001.

1. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

1) i think you should put back the icons by the menu on the left - it takes me forever to find something this way

2) on the drop-down menu to select your forum, the ones that don't point to forums (dividers) should point to the forums summary main page

3) i don't know if this is possible, but i'm frequently curious when reading old posts by people how many posts they had when the posted the message. like if you look at a really old thread (http://www.aliensoup.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000031.html, for example), you wonder how many posts mth had when she posted that. i don't know if anyone else would like this, but i might .

------------------
    monsieurjohn: Professor of Metaphysico-theologico-cosmolo-nigogology

"Maybe *this* is what 'cooties', the disease that every grade schooler is terrified of, yet knows not the symptoms of which, is!" - KNSinatra at 3:34 AM

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  2. jadedskies

jadedskies Regular Member

With the third one, I occasionally wonder the same thing...it might be too late now, but I seemingly remember that used to be the case...

------------------
    "Falling even more in love with you...letting go of all I've held on to...I'm standing here until you make me move...I'm hanging by a moment here with you" - Lifehouse

PsychoticIckyThing
    AlienSoup Mod

PsychoticIckyThing.Com

3. KNSinatra

KNSinatra Regular Member

Also, if possible, in active topics, it would be great to have a little jump arrow (like in the main forum summary page), that lets you jump to the last post rather than just taking you to the first page.

------------------
    monsieurjohn: we have 2 yaks on campus
    KNSinatra: you lie.
    monsieurjohn: no i don't. i don't know what they're doing here, but they're real.

En fuego, bebé.

4. Chimpi

Chimpi Regular Member

Well I know something for the third one. The post count on it stays until someone replies in that thread. Then, everyone's post count updates to new #. Therefor, just never post again and you'll have your way! .

------------------
    Kabuto's Reign Will Fall To The Doom

Insanity Reigns
    Rythms At The Edge Of Time

5. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

and another thing:

when someone puts their interests in the interests box thingy, they use apostrophes with fair regularity. unfortunately, this means that the image alt which is used for the popup info box ends with the first apostrophe, which it interprets as a closing single quote

it *might* be less likely that we'd use double quotes in our interests box, so you could try that, or maybe replace all " ' " with " ` " or something automatically. i don't know how to do that.

------------------
    monsieurjohn: Professor of Metaphysico-theologico-cosmolo-nigogology

"Maybe *this* is what 'cooties', the disease that every grade schooler is terrified of, yet knows not the symptoms of which, is!" - KNSinatra at 3:34 AM

6. Alien

Alien Regular Member

1) We're redesigning our menuing system for the new site, so it won't be looking the same.

2) Possible.

3) Not gonna happen. .

------------------
    "I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask, is not an alien force ALREADY among us?" - Ronald Reagan

7. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Possible. .

This may be a feature in the new active topics currently in beta stages. A feature in the next beta due out any time now will support the link going all the way to the last post!

------------------
    "I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask, is not an alien force ALREADY among us?" - Ronald Reagan