Lightbox Attachment in Forum Post

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by superfishnz, Dec 4, 2009.

1. superfishnz

superfishnz Novice

First Name:
    Binh
    [solved] Lightbox Attachment in Forum Post

Hi everyone,

I really like the Lightbox Attachment mod in the forum posts (where you dlick on an attachment and the Lightbox comes up showing the attachment) you have on this site and want to know what mod it is that you used and if you can direct me to it so I can implement it on my site please?

Many thanks

2. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Hi Superfish,

The lightbox is included in the default vBulletin install. So long as you're running the latest vB (3.8.4) simply enable it in vBulletin Options. Admin CP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Message Attachment Options > "Use Image Lightbox".

I believe the lightbox was introduced in 3.7 so even if your running a little older version you should be able to enable it. :)

Hope it helps,
    Dan

3. superfishnz

superfishnz Novice

First Name:
    Binh
    Thanks for that.

I just checked and mines is already set to "Yes, click or Hover". I've also tried "Yes on click" as well but still not working.

However, I have a mod called 'The Image Resizer' which displays a lightbox within forum posts which has images (not as "Attachment" but inline images). This is helpful when someone decides to post a 1020 x 768 image along with their forum post! It just automatically resizes it then when clicked, pops up a lightbox of the image. I found an option called "Replace vb's default Lightbox for Attached files?". Changed it to "No" and now it works! Yeh :)

Thanks for your assistance on this.

4. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Your welcome. Glad it helped. :)

5. kneel

kneel Regular Member

fyi.

im running 3.7.4 with both the box, and the re-sizer and both werk good.