Launching a paid advertising campaign?

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by cpvr, Jan 27, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Has anyone here ever paid for advertising? Via adwords or on other websites? If so, how long should one wait before launching a paid advertising campaign?

Should one wait before a community is already off the ground - I'm talking at least 5,000 posts and 100+ members, or does it not matter?

2. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

I've never done this before, so I don't know too much about it, but I would say that paid advertising could be just like advertising on forums, and that you should wait till you actually have some content on your site, because just like with forums, not everyone likes looking at a site that has no posts or no content at all. So to be honest, while I've never done this bebfore, I would say to do just like posting on a forum and wait till you have content before advertising, as no one likes looking at a dead forum/a site with no content at all.

3. Zlasarma

Zlasarma Regular Member

I think you should first build a some kind of community and then advertise it becouse people who see ads and visit your forum will see that there are some discusion and they will join but,if they see that there is nothing happening,in 98% they woudn't join.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

If you think your forum is active enough than you should go for it.:)