Large Administrative Teams

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Tyler, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I'm curious to hear about your administrative team if you have more than, say, three (just because that's what I'm used to on AA) administrators? What are the roles of these people (true admin, technical admin only, actual founders, promoted moderators) and just how much can they do? How many people have just as much power as you (again, if you have more than 3)?

2. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Well, on Pisogaforums.com there are two other admins besides me, who actually do NOTHING, for exception of one, which I kind of look up to.

I am basically the code design monkey, but since that site went inactive... I made my own.

3. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Like FullMetalBabe, I'm basically the code monkey, and try to let the others handle the member stuff.

4. Tom

Tom Regular Member

On Bird is the Word, there are three of us. We do not assign ourselves specific roles. We just complete tasks as they arise.

At Setsou Design, there are 2 of us. Nei is the back-end girl while I tend to the front-end.

5. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

In my experience it is difficult to get anything done when there are too many cooks stirring the pot. Their spoons all get tangles up in the soup. I would try to stay away from large management teams and think there should only be one person at the top of the hierarchy.

From an outward view having multiple administrators on this site seems to work so that is good.

6. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I agree, Wayne. And yes, it works well with us, but it takes a long time to come to decisions and actually progress with a lot of things. That's really the only downside.

7. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I agree. On my sites I'm usually the only admin, with a couple of super-mods.

There are 2 admins on vbFAQ, me and Joey. But we work very well together. He listens and obeys.

*ducks in case he reads this*