Kier's new forum software: XenForo

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by Nick, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I saw it. That is strange, because they are definitely talking about it over there. ;)

2. GTAce

GTAce Novice

First Name:
    Ryan
    Ok, I didn't see/understand what you were referring to earlier Kevin regarding Kier/Mike talking down to you...Got a taste of it myself from Peggy earlier though.

This thread: Twitter: get followers | XenForo Community

Floris (who I am tired of hearing from, to be quite honest) made a comment that he refuses to follow anybody on Twitter who doesn't follow him.

I replied saying:

"Floris, FYI, I follow you but you do not follow me. Practice what you preach, my friend ;)"

Peggy went behind me and removed that comment.

For those of you who do not know, Floris and a few other people got into a little spat in the XF forums because Floris created a thread that some people disagreed with, things were said, feelings were hurt, and so on. Floris decided to "leave" XF (for now) because he can't handle somebody talking back to him. Anywho, it seems that the staff at XF swarmed on the subject, closing threads about it and now, as I've seen, removing anything that might be negative towards Floris?

There was absolutely nothing harmful in that comment, and the fact that they/Peggy are censoring my harmless comment in order to protect fanboy Floris is beyond me. I've seen Kier/Mike close or remove threads about Floris in order to make him feel better, I suppose...but they would not have been an issue targeted at anybody else.

Obviously this doesn't speak for the software itself, but the moderation/communication from the staff could use some work.

3. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

I am really very surprised at you Ryan. Coming over here to report on things happening on another forum doesn't (didn't) seem to be your style. If you have a grievance over an action taken on XF, you should contact one of the staff there. Something you did not do. And that is a shame. Have you never had to delete a members' post on one of your own forums? We (not just I) had our reasons, as I'm sure you do when you have to perform this action on your own sites.

When did I talk down to you? Can you please be specific? I'd honestly like to know so that I don't do it again.

No one is trying to "protect" Floris. But that's all I'm going to say about it, because it belongs on that site, not here, or anywhere else.

The communication between staff and members is great. At least that's what we've been reading from members on xenforo and other sites. Just because you don't agree with a member of staff deleting a post of yours, doesn't mean otherwise. ;)

4. GTAce

GTAce Novice

First Name:
    Ryan
    I did it here because I knew I would be heard. I just have this feeling that the XF staff has tunnel vision. I've already seen that you'll go out of your way to defend Floris without regard to the situation itself.

Of course I have, but for good reason. You didn't have a good reason in this case. The timing itself proves it. You responded to the comment but didn't delete it until after Floris got huffy and left. The only reason you deleted the comment was to appease Floris - not because the comment was out of line, and that is where we don't see eye to eye.

If you honestly still think that my comment should have been removed...wow.

I never said this - just the removal of my harmless comment is all.

As I've also said, it's not just that one comment, but it's other valid/harmless threads that were closed/deleted because Floris couldn't handle what he deserved by dishing out himself. I'm just surprised you're defending this guy along with at least Kier (not sure about Mike). Floris has been crazy in love with XF for a month with over 2000 posts in that time and is willing to hang it all up because of the comments from one person. Let him go. Part of the reason I'm upset is because I've been tired of reading Floris' posts for a very long time and got all excited to see he was about to leave...only to see the staff chase after him, tails wagging.

EDIT: Have you seen his posts tonight?

5. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Are you kidding me? ROFL! You have no idea what you're talking about Ryan. If you seriously think I'm defending Floris all the time....... you have no idea whatsoever.

You read minds now... good to know. The fact is, you have NO idea whatsoever why your comment was removed. You only assumed. Did you ask? No. That would have been the professional thing to do.

And then there's this -

Of course you did -
    OMG - Ryan - do you see what you're saying here? I mean really - where, in what way, specifically, did you see us chasing after Floris?? :eek:
    I can understand that you're upset . But most of what you're upset about isn't even real. If Floris wants to "hang it all up" as you put it, that's his decision. Completely. I have nothing to do with it, and won't stand in his way. That's his decision. But he has just as much right to post on that site as you do or anyone else does. If his posts bother you, the solution is quite simple - don't read them :shrug:. If you don't like that, then there's not much that can be done about it. And if THAT is really what you're the most upset about...... then wow. Just WOW.

Also, I've not seen a thread deleted because Floris got upset. Got any examples?

Yes I have. They've been taken care of.

Have a good night Ryan.

6. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Let me get this straight. You had your post edited because you made a the above comment to Floris yet Floris is allowed to speak like he did in the screencap that you linked?

That is moderation gone crazy. And before I am asked if I ever edited a post I can give you a definitive no. I have never, not once edited another post and especially never edited out a harmless comment like the one you got edited. I have PM'ed members and asked them to tone it down in threads and asked them to remove any offensive comments. If they don't then neither me of any staff will.

I can understand why this was brought up here. I'm sure GTAce knows it would have been short lived over at zen's place.

7. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

When the posts were reported, they were taken care of.

8. GTAce

GTAce Novice

First Name:
    Ryan
    Just because a post is reported does not mean that it needs to be "taken care of"

Anyways, I'm finished with this specific incident. Your responses, Peggy, have only further confirmed that we do not see eye to eye and I strongly disagree with your decision and moderating practices....funny because once before, that was not the case ;)

9. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Of course it does, one way or another. And it was not your post that I was referring to, in reply to AWS' comment above.

Actually I believe that both of our posts prove that very well.

I'm sorry that you disagree with my decision, and mod practices. But each staff member does for their site what they feel is best at the moment, whether others agree or not. The same as you would do.

Have a good day, Ryan. :)

10. John

John Regular Member

One things for certain...Floris is mental :D He has always irritated the crap out of me and probably always will lol!

11. MsJac

MsJac Adept

First Name:
    Jacquii
    Oh! The drama.
    I've always liked Floris - seems he was in a wee bit of a mood. It happens. People hug, dap, kiss, make up and get over it already damn.

12. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

I just noticed your sig, do you think you may change it after xf is released?

?

13. John

John Regular Member

lol...good advice :)

Nope, I'm finished designing but I do have other plans for XF...stay tuned ;)

14. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

intriguing... I will stay tuned...

15. GTAce

GTAce Novice

First Name:
    Ryan
    Wait, what?

XenStyles.com?!

16. John

John Regular Member

??

17. GTAce

GTAce Novice

First Name:
    Ryan
    You're "finished designing" but own and operate XenStyles.com where you have recently self-proclaimed that you will be releasing skins there.

Something does not compute ;)

18. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

He changed his mind. :)

19. GTAce

GTAce Novice

First Name:
    Ryan
    Yeah, I'm just confused because he's had XenStyles.com for a while. Before he made his post here, he said he'd design for XF through that site...and he also also said so since then.

John, did you just change your mind for a day? :p

20. John

John Regular Member

Of course I did...and I will probably end up changing it again too :yes: