KeyCaptcha a fraud?

Discussion in 'Community Forum Software' started by fattony69, Mar 7, 2013.

1. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

I read this on another forum and decided to use my Google Ninja skills.

https://www.badwarebusters.org/stories/show/31105

2. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    I'm no personal fan of KeyCaptcha but relying on the Russian blog of a disgruntled ex-employee strikes me as equally shady.

They work with the police? Of what country? That is what said off my "crazy" alarms. I wouldn't expect KeyCatptha or ANY service to NOT collect data about who is using the service (IP address, location, browser, OS, etc... this is just basic info any website or service should be collecting to optimize their services for the people who use it.)

If it's really a Russian company with a US front that bears some investigation. I wonder if IPB did any before adding it to their base software.

Brandon likes this.
  3. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

It is funny. I was about to add it to my forum, under the suggestion of @Brandon, but I found this when I was Googling and it popped up on a few Big-Board admin posts that I talk to.

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I have been running it here with very little issues. We had one issue where the whole keycaptcha site was done, and therefor you couldn't register on this site with it broken.
    I disabled it when that happen, checked a few days later and it was fine. I haven't had any issues since.

5. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

I registered to their site but never installed the tech on any one of my sites. I had a better solution: SolveMedia's KeyCaptcha service that doubles as a ad platform. Love it.