Judging A Host By Software Used

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by SpacewardAsh, May 17, 2011.

1. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Would you judge a host by the software it uses on their website?

For example, would you join a host that uses Livezilla, phpBB and The Hosting Tool, go for a host using the Star Develop Live Help, Xenforo & WHMCS, or are you one who does not care?

Post up your thoughts here!

2. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

For me, it's never been about the software. As long as the support forum in question or even the whole host's site is easy to navigate, then I could care less. Heck, they could be using the last ever available version of phpBB2 and I still could care less. I'm always a firm believer that as long as a community looks nice, or a site looks nice, then never mind what software they're using. I've heard of people who won't join even a regular forum because of an administrator's choice of software, but that's not a good route of an idea either. It's always about the content and layout for me. Of course, if a theme is crappy or doesn't look that great, then I may have a few choicy words to say about it, but really, the theme, for me, shouldn't mean too much of anything either.

3. Allan

Allan It's All Good

I never judge a host by the website.I always ask questions before I decide on host to see what they know.I then go off by their answers and fast they answer back.

4. Queen of Ice

Queen of Ice Regular Member

I don't judge hosts by forum software. As long as it looks nice, I'm happy. Though I'm a personal fan of SMF, if only because the first forum I ever joined used it.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

It really doesn't matter to me, long as the host is reliable, and has a good support team behind it. I always do a good research on a host before buying from them, such as reviews and other things.

6. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    I'm going to be honest here, I will judge a host by the software it uses, because if it's a host running billing on say The Hosting Tool, it suggests to me that they are not serious about their host, and cannot afford to run it because the paid software does not cost that much a month...

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea thats true, TheHostingTool is awful.. I have tested it. I prefer HostBill or the one that WHMCMS offers.

8. SpacewardAsh

First Name:
    Ashley
    do you mean WHMCS?

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea, dont know why I added an extra M.