J Tate is now a souper

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JTate, Dec 25, 2000.

1. JTate

JTate Regular Member

Hey hockey fans. All this talk in the league finally got me curious. Dan wrote me a personal email and asked me to join alien soup. Now I feel wanted and accepted. Thanks, Dan.

2. WaterB

WaterB Regular Member

<AOL Voice> Welcome </AOL Voice>

3. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

Now he decides to join...

Anyway, I suggest you tell your friend to take it easy in the Rumor Mill. I see you associate with a good class of people that introduces themselves by insulting every member they possibly can. Good call on the friendship list there, buddy.

Hopefully, you'll be more productive a member here than you are in the hockey league.

Welcome to the Soup.

------------------
    "It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  4. JTate

JTate Regular Member

Sorry, I got the name wrong on the invite. I received an invitation earlier in the year to join - I just can't remember who.

As for the hockey - earlier in the season I was trying to let the team go to someone else by not logging on, but my email kept getting flooded with countless trade offers. I knew they were crap, but I eventually just wanted them to go away. That's why I waived my players. I was trying to be fair. In an effort to continue to be fair, instead of not checking my team I gave it away. I haven't checked (and won't check) what is being said in the rumor mill. My gentle suggestion is that since every other member of the league is here, post messages here in soup rather than in sandbox and it'll go away.

I would like to take this opportunity to do one thing, however. I appologize to Mr. Tavares. You've been kind all year. I hear things are getting out of hand now. Definitely my bad - I wish sandbox would never have thrown me into a league I didn't request then all of this wouldn't have been so offensive. Good luck with the rest of the season. I'm out of it.

5. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

JTate> You're right... it was me who invited you earlier in the season.

As for hockey issues, I think we can all understand where you were coming from and what happened. However, it was just done badly, and with little to no warning. If you didn't want to participate, you should've just said so, either by logging on in here, or by posting to the rumor mill. That would've cut the problem off before it started, and any emails with trade offeres you would've received would've been the mistake of the sender, rather than those trying to monopolize on a sticky situation.
    By not letting us know of your intention to drop out, and just dumping your players, it left us completely hanging, and skewed things way more than if you had just left your team alone and allowed them to play out the season without management.

I'm sorry you've decided to quit the hockey league for a few reasons:
    1) Once you started taking care of the team, you actually made it more fair than anything that had been done previously.
    2) For as much animosity as this whole episode caused, you're still leagues better than your "friend" who you put in your place.
    3) The one thing we asked of everyone when we started the league is that no quitters get involved. I understand that you weren't part of the group, initially, but you're there now. I'd much rather have you there, as someone who started off with the draft and has been in the league since day 1, than to just have it dumped off onto someone who will just insult everyone for the rest of the season and has no stake in the league other than to try and make it as unpleasant as possible for the other participants.

------------------
    "It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious."

6. Al

Al Regular Member

Hey JT, Happy New Year and Welcome to the soup.

As for the apology...thank you, but it wasn't necessary. I know how tough it is to take care of these fantasy teams...especially during a long season...and when your team just doesn't want to click it just seems pointless. I felt that way throughout my fantasy baseball season. I'm really sorry you decided to drop your team, it looked like you were starting to get a strong team going and it doesn't hurt to have recently picked up M. Lemieux.

Anyways, thanks again. Hope to see more of your posts in the soup.

------------------
    " I'll take 'the-rapist' for $200, Alex "

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  7. JTate

JTate Regular Member

Thanks for warming up fellas. I will definitely check in here as time permits. Seems like a pretty addicting site.