Is your domain name registrar good with customer service?

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by Soliloquy, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I'm mostly using NameSecure as my registrar these days, and though for the most part everything has run smoothly, I find it weird that whenever I have to contact support I never get a reply. The problem either takes care of itself or is resolved somehow, but they haven't ever written back to ask for more information or tell me they've fixed it. While I'm glad I haven't had any real problems with them yet, it does make me wonder what will happen if there's ever a problem they really need to communicate with me about. On the flip side, I hear GoDaddy is reportedly really good with customer service, and I don't like using them. How's your registrar? Do you feel comfortable with them?

2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I use GoDaddy - have never had a problem with them. :)

Calling them, however, is a bit of a pain. Due to security and fraud protection, they are constantly asking you to verify your credentials (such as your PIN number). It's comforting to know that they are taking the time to do so, but the entire process is rather dull. I had a nameserver issue with them a few months back (the nameservers I specified were being rejected) and it took five or so minutes to get past the first step of the call.

In the end, the situation was resolved and the support representative was quite helpful.

3. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    I've never had to contact support for domain name issues.

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

GoDaddy support has been horrible. It takes no less than two days to get a response, and the response rarely answers my question; it's robotic (even though it is an alleged human responding to me) and extremely standard. I'm convinced that they don't read past the first line of my inquiry, as they assume they know what I'm going to ask. :rolleyes:

It's extremely frustrating.

5. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I use Auttomatic... and I don't see the renewal button @_@

6. kev

kev Regular Member

I have been using namecheap for 2+ years and have been very happy. And yes, they answer their support emails.

7. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I think you've strayed a bit off-topic here... :D

8. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Not really, I meant to say it's bad service~ xD

9. Chris

Chris Regular Member

That would make sense. :doh:

10. Svoboda

Svoboda Adept

If you own enough domains, you get a rep you can actually reach on the phone. At least I have one. That said, I've never had to use it as I can do anything I need to through their portal.