Is this slightly cruel?

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by cheat-master30, Nov 8, 2009.

1. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

That I personally HOPE people break things like non disclosure agreements because it gives me videos and screenshots of games or forum software in advance, and because of course, I wouldn't be the one sued if the company complained?

I know all these people say things like how 'morally wrong' it is, but let's be honest here... how many people were secretly hoping vBulletin 4 was going to be leaked in alpha testing so they could have a sneak preview of the software before Internet Brands have it wiped off the internet?

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I think it's only human nature to think selfishly like that. Especially when it involves something you're paying for.

Heck, if I wasn't on Peggy's testing team (thank God she invited me :P) I don't know what I'd do with myself. I would never blindly pay for something, especially in the situation with vBulletin/IB/vB Solutions.

3. Bryce

Bryce Regular Member

WTF? Peggy had a testing team and didn't invite me! I'm never going to her forum again. Just kidding on that =).

But seriously, who the hell is IB now? How long have I been out of it to not know who they are -_-. Also, vB Solutions?

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

IB = Internet Brands (Internet Brands, Inc.) who bought Jelsoft/vBulletin in 2007.

Recently, they changed the company name from Jelsoft to vBulletin Solutions.

5. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

When something no longer feels honored anymore....makes this easier for some to want such actions to occur, like you've said cheater.

Personally, I'd have to say I've not looked or desired such outcomes. Maybe just purely based on decency and honor. Yeah, that sounds crazy.

6. David

David Regular Member

Its only cruel if you wish for it, and know it will cause more harm then good, or wish it causes a lot of harm ;)