Is there interest for premium forum+CMS skins?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Brooker, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Brooker

Brooker Addict

I've got a high end forum and news cms design that I was going to use for two of my sites, but I don't think I am going to get round to launching their news front ends any time soon - so am considering selling the design as license-able skins.

So wondered - is there a call for premium skins right now? We won't be getting into the skinning business putting out lots of designs, instead will concentrate on making the design we have the best it can be for vB/IPB should there be a call for it. (With attention to SEO, feel, etc)

We'll offer additional services such as brand development to customise the skin further - so for those interested you could have a professional looking site that could hold it's head up high next to any of the current top news sites/blogs.

So - is there a call for a premium product like this? (If you've not seen my forums before - there's an example in my sig, but just bear in mind the forums were designed to compliment the news front end - which obviously isn't live.)

I posted on vB and IPB too - feel free to vote in the polls there if you like, or just add your comments here :)

2. John1

John1 Newcomer

First Name:
    John
    There is always a call for new premium skins, as long as they are priced reasonably. A good looking vB/IPB skins is always good for any member starting a forum, and with you offering services for re-branding, I am sure you may get a few clients.