Is Social Marketing Better Than SEO?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by s_sayan, Jun 19, 2012.

1. s_sayan

s_sayan Regular Member

I noticed today that I'm spending a lot of time, money and effort trying to place number one for my main keyword on Google. Something curious I also noticed was the fact that my main keyword only gets around 1,000 exact global searches a month on Google. That means only a few visits a day even if I get to first position. In the other hand I noticed I am getting most of my visitors from Youtube. I am getting around 60 unique visitors a day to my new forum.

Am I missing something? I mean, I see people talking about how good is to be in the first page of Google. But, is it worth it? Am I wasting my time with SEO? Should I stick to social marketing? Right now I think I'm doing better from Youtube. Is social marketing the key to have a successful site?

What do you guys think? Let us know.

Brandon likes this.
  2. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

It really depends on your site, the audience, how you're focusing, your keywords, etc.

If your focused keywords aren't words that are being searched for that much, then no, you can't expect to get THAT much from it. On the other side, if you have a great social media audience that you can use, then you're obviously going to get a fair bit from that in comparison.

Brandon likes this.