Is anyone going to ForumCon this year?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Brandon, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    If you don't know what ForumCon is I suggest you check out their site.

2012 FOCUS: DEVELOPING AND MONETIZING FORUMS

ForumCon is a one-day event dedicated to sharing tips tools, and best practices for managing, growing, and monetizing your forum. The day is anchored by keynote presentations from industry experts, but also includes panel discussion and breakout sessions on content monetization, advertising, SEO and community management -- allowing for a high degree of interaction and collaboration.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it this year, but I do plan to at some point. I'd love to hear from some of the speakers and network with other big forum owners in the industry.

Who Attends?

ForumCon is your opportunity to connect with and learn from the world's leading forum and community managers. At ForumCon 2011 representatives from Internet Brands, Vertical Scope, VW Vortex, phpBB, eBay, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Boardreader, Groupon, and many, many more were in attendance.
    It's the ultimate event for anyone involved in creating communities. Get a sneak peak by checking out the video below,​
    shot at the most recent event, ForumCon San Francisco, held at Google's San Francisco offices.​
    Admin Talk has also been contacted to be a media sponsor and will be listed on their media page as well as a mention in their newsletter. :thumbsup:
    I've sent off our logo so it should be listed soon. :)
    I'll give them a mention in our next newsletter sometime in the coming months.​

Iconic and Big Dan like this.
  2. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Mr. Awesome

That's pretty neat! I'd love to attend one year with a few of my staff members coming along with me. :)

Brandon likes this.
  3. gallitin

gallitin Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    I plan on it

Brandon likes this.
  4. Iconic

Iconic The Original

I plan going for a holiday in the US in a couple of years so I will probably go then.

5. gallitin

gallitin Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    Posted to quickly earlier...

So do you think there will be much benefit to going to this? Or will it be the same techniques that we are told over and over to grow your community? I just bought my tickets so I will be there for sure, hope it's worth the money. If not I guess it will still be a night partying in CA.

6. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I don't think I'm going. I haven't attended a forum conference or a web one ever. I'd rather wait till the transcripts and videos are published from this event/