Invited in to help fight piracy!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jennifer Price, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Diafel,

The primary name on the business is the one who will be named regardless of who is running it. As Jennifer stated she was running it "for her husband" while he was unable to. Again no mistake was made on the manus part here they filed against the primary business which was running a computer system without prior permission (the violation).

When I get my second system up and running or rather if I already had it in operation and they observed June running it at a show, any suit would still name me in the violation. Because the business belongs to me!

2. Jennifer Price

Jennifer Price Regular Member

If they were going to make it right, someone would have returned my phone calls or emails. I won't use any new SC unless they at least live up to what they already promised us... But I'm dang sure not getting rid of what I have. I have 3 copies of 8125!!!

3. c. staley

c. staley Regular Member

I don't believe that will ever happen, I've been in the business 15 years. I think there will just be fewer places that will offer it.

Sorry. Check with your local FBI office or attorney first to see what can be done.

Like I said; I'm glad I dropped the brand.

If you know of anyone else who has settled, please direct them here so that we can get the "whole story" as you have been kind enough to offer.

4. Diafel

Diafel Regular Member

Did you miss the part where she said the business was in HER NAME as well as in her husband's name?

Let me refresh your memory for you:

5. Jennifer Price

It was kinda like being on a buring boat. Do you grab a fire extinguisher and pray or just jump overboard... Neither is a good option, but they are the only two you have...

6. Jennifer Price

Skid tells me Kurt has invited the legal folks to SC for lunch on the 15th. I'm gonna be there! I just want answers as to why my calls aren't being returned... He doesn't even have to buy my lunch. It should be fun!

7. Diafel

Diafel Regular Member

One thing you need to understand right now is that SC is NOT OUT TO FIGHT PIRACY. That is by their own admission, right here on these boards. When you start reading back through all the threads, you will find that that is so. What they ARE out to do is get paid for what they believe is owed to them.
    They care about nothing else other than money in their pockets. Nothing wrong with that(unless how they go about it is unethical). They are a business and that's as it should be.
    However, don't be fooled into thinking that they are doing anything at all for you. They aren't, and all they are doing is making pirates go legit (and therefore NOT putting them out of business, just putting more money in their pockets) and squeezing the honest KJs, such as yourself to get MORE MONEY in the pocket.
    Fighting piracy is NOT on their agenda. Getting money from the pirates is.
    They make have similar methodologies and outcomes, but don't kid yourself. The two ARE NOT the same!

8. c. staley

c. staley Regular Member

Expect a LOT of propaganda....

9. Jennifer Price

Point taken and I think I agree... I do hope that CB and Stellar pursue this in the right way...

10. Diafel

Diafel Regular Member

So do I!

11. Jennifer Price

The worst part of this for me is that I still believe that SC will ultimately do the right thing by us. I have given them enough information that if 1/10 of the people I've turned in pay up, I have earned the complete catalogue...

I know it's naive, but I still believe that most people are good inside, even though I see many more creeps than honest people in the world.

12. c. staley

c. staley Regular Member

Well, that would be great... except that Kurt has been spouting how they are all three "working together" so I really wouldn't expect anything different.

IN MY OPINION The other thing I see happening almost immediately, is Kurt coming here and simply telling everyone that you were in fact, a low-down scurvy pirate and that's the reason that you settled in the first place. And perhaps put pressure on you to be silent.

He has done similar actions to at least 1 other person (Ernie) from their Arizona lawsuits.

13. Jennifer Price

EXCEPT THAT HE ACCEPTED THE TERMS THAT WE NOT ADMIT WE WERE GUILTY BECAUSE WE ABSOLUTELY WERE NOT. I made it clear in the settlement that we were settling because of the added music we wanted to add to our list.

14. Diafel

Diafel Regular Member

Hadn't thought of that! Good point, Chip.
    That is absolutely true. Kurt did threaten Ernie to squeeze him for more money and make his life miserable if he continued talking about his "settlement" and the problems with it. And he appeared to be quite vindictive about it, too.
    THAT is how Kurt appears to work, and that is why he says that everyone who has settled is happy. Because he makes sure they keep quiet about it. At least that was how it appeared to me. I believe those posts are still floating around here as well, so don't take my word for it.
    As for SC making it right by you, I wouldn't hold my breath too long on that one. Hope I'm wrong, though.

15. c. staley

c. staley Regular Member

It would be impossible for him to do that since he has already stated licenses here are either too expensive to get in the first place or expired and not worth renewing. For him to even burn you a complete set is a violation of the licenses with the publishers.

In any case, don't expect it to come without you "pulling" for it.

16. Jennifer Price

He could threaten me. I wanted a non disclosure clause added and his attorney convinced me that if we included that I wouldn't be able to discuss the fact that I'm legal. I'm legal. What is he going to do as long as I make my payments on time?

17. Diafel

Diafel Regular Member

Chip: I believe she was referring to the burned disc set they had inadvertently purchased and then sent to SC as evidence against a pirate on the promise they would be compensated for it, as well as the discs they were promised if they went to work for SC spying on other venues and their pirates and giving them the "evidence:.

18. Diafel

Diafel Regular Member

Maybe nothing. I hope. Let's wait and see.

19. Jennifer Price

The only way I'm getting shut up is by having them at least reimburst me for the entire catalogue of discs I bought online and then sent them so that they could pursue the guilty party. When Michael asked us to sent them he said he'd make sure we got reimburst for the discs and the cost of shipping them to SC... I'm still waiting....

20. c. staley

c. staley Regular Member

I understand that, but IN MY OPINION, what he says he will do and what he will actually do are not the same.

BTW, you'll see that term "in my opinion" posted here a lot.... don't let it concern you.