Installed this

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Boss, May 30, 2009.

1. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    In light of Shelley's wonderful idea (props to you mate) I would like to know if anyone would be interested in installing that mod that vB.org uses for keeping track of installs?

It would be cool to know how many people use button sets, or skins, or anything.

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Hmm... We will have to see what the others think of this. I don't want to bloat our graphics section.

3. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Well here's the thing, it doesn't have to be limited to graphics. :P People here can develop their own mods and we can have a section for them and I guess this install thing could be tied to those too. :)

4. John

John Regular Member

Don't think this is any good suggestion since its kinda unusuble. If there is an mod section here then it might be a good suggestion but don't really think that we should have mods here. Maybe an thread or something to send people to vb.org but if you have any mods just release it there then only legal vb owners can use download them.

5. Nick

Nick Regular Member

John, I agree regarding the modifications section. I think all modifications belong at vBulletin.org so they can be accessed by the entire vBulletin customer-base. Additionally, I would not want to condone the granting of access to modifications by unlicensed customers.

This installation counter may still be a viable option for the Graphics section. If a designer is willing to contribute something to the community, I think they deserve access to statistical information - namely, how many times it has been downloaded and/or used.

6. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Perhaps this mod might be more suitable when we have more free graphic threads.