Input needed from other Admin's

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by bree623, Jun 27, 2009.

1. bree623

bree623 Newcomer

First Name:
    Breezie
    I admin at a forum that has been excluding me from any important decisions that are made on the forum, I find out about these decisions when the rest of the staff does. This just makes me feel so unappreciated there, and I spend more time there than even the forum owner does....I am on the verge or resiging.

I have spoken up, but I feel like I am just beating my head against a wall, and all I am getting is a headache.

What would you do?

2. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Well, there was a member who wanted me out and such, and actually tried to make a move against me. As soon as I found out I made a thread explaining and why do I think I am the best admin for them at the moment and why they should not only share the ideas with me but to also share with the staff. If these decisions are FOR the community, it has to be gone through you, no? therefore there has to be a discussion upon it with the staff. Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding.

3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Hm, are you and the other administrators all equal? What kind of hierarchy do you have established there?

4. bree623

bree623 Newcomer

First Name:
    Breezie
    There is the original founder, who turned the forum over to the current owner, he is still involved in the decisions...so I am not sure what the deal is there. Then there is one other admin beside's me, he does the coding, I am the last admin to be promoted, and I am the most active admin there currently.

There really is no hierarchy there, not from what I can see. Some of the lower ranking staff know more about what goes on there than I do.

5. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Any idea how they conduct their discussions? You could try casually saying "hey, could you CC me on that so I can get started on implementing those changes?" or "hey, let me know when the meeting in the chatroom starts, I'll make time to be there"

6. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I agree.

If you make them aware of the fact that you are indeed interested in participating in the decision-making process, this could help drastically. Let's say that they are ignoring you (which is possible) - by "injecting" yourself into their conversation(s), you will be making them aware (or more aware) of your presence as a member of the staff team.

What they're doing is not right - it's an utter lack of respect.

7. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    I can see why the majority of the convo would go through the founder, owner, and coder but it would be nice if they let you know about these things. Do you guys not have an administrator's section there?

What is your role in the team?