I’m more upset then I thought.

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Raven, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Raven

Raven Regular Member

My thread was closed and I don’t even know what I did wrong! It was just a game, I was hoping maybe others would come up with other type of codes to try and crack which is why I started out with one as simple as Morse…. It was a game.

I guess it sounds silly, but I’m kind of hurt. I didn’t offend anyone or break any rules. Did people complain about it? I am honestly curious why it was closed instead of just allowing to die out if no one was intereste. Closing it is like slapping someone in the face because you don't like what they are wearing.

I know, I know, i'm sure i'm being stupid and will get stomped again. i'm just curious as to why!

2. Diesel

Diesel Regular Member

The reason I closed it was because it looked like nothing more than senseless babble. There was really no clear meaning or definition as to what it's purpose was, so I closed it.
    Even with your explanation that it was a game after the fact, looking back at it, I'm still unclear as to what the game was in purpose or goal.

Hopefully, this helps you to not take it as a "slap in the face", but rather as a constructive suggestion as to what would be a better way to post such a thread.

On a side note, if you have a question about why a thread was locked, or some similar issue, Help & Suggestions is a more appropriate forum for those questions.
    Unless, of course, you just wanted to rant and didn't want a real answer. ;)

3. lobo

lobo Guest

I found the morse table there :

http://www.babbage.demon.co.uk/morseabc.html

And ... Just I decides to make new turn ... thread was closed :(

I think that this is good game for Web Design & Coding threads, of coure it is the coding :tongue:

However, which soft Did You use for such coding?

4. Raven

Raven Regular Member

Thanks you guys, you handled this in a very classy manner. Which is some what ironic considering the credo is “if you farted and you know it clap your hands” LOL JK

I know I over reacted just because I’m dealing with other stuff that has come to a head and it is leaking over into the stuff that I do for fun. You guys are right, I should have made it a little bit more clear, but then again, I wouldn’t have been living up to my sadistic nature.

As for the post count; I left a board because so many people were obsessed with it, so I truly do see your point on that one. Now if you were to come back and tell me that we get free trips to Hawaii after reaching a certain number then hey, I’m randomly posting crap every were.

Dan and Lyth: Thanks again for the gentle and kind return of information. You could have blasted me for being a hypersensitive wiener… which I usually am not today is just bad!

Lobo, the link is in my second post after your sos... look for the underline, and i'm glad you were enjoying it.

Also i just realized Lyth's post is missing, i swear i read one, really, i'm not totaly insane, i promis... really, i think!

5. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Heyas. :)

Raven: Thank you for being so understanding, you're a rare breed. If you wish to repost your game with a brief explanation that would be perfectly fine if you still want to play.

-Jason

6. Alyth

Alyth Regular Member

LOL Raven> Yes I did post something! You are not at all insane :lol:. I was posting at the same time as Dan was. I was explaining pretty much the same thing he was so I deleted the post.

I'm sorry your day wasn't going so well. I hope whatever was bothering you has been settled ;).

7. Raven

Raven Regular Member

That can be debated… really it can…LOL

I’m doing better I’m always up and down, I guess it’s not going to kill (no pun intended) to tell you guys… but have a breast tumor that is, “The c word” I’ll be fine it is the early stages. I will be able to keep my breast and might not even HAVE too, although it is strongly suggested, do Chemo. Anyway that it, so if I act weird that is why.

Well, I hope that better explains why I was such a thin-skinned boob. (again, no pun intended)
    ;) :bgrin: :rolleyes: :cool:

What can i say.......... bad jokes help!

8. Alyth

Alyth Regular Member

OH MY :eek:

Wow that is news that could definitely cause anyone to go a bit insane! I hope it all turns out ok. I'm very sorry to hear that :(

Please take care of yourself and let us know how you are!

:hug:

9. Prox

Prox Regular Member

Oh my is right. That really would mess with you. Im glad to hear that you caught it early, and that it sounds like everything will be ok eventually. But do take care of yourself, and if you need support you know where to come.

:hug: