If you resigned as an admin

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by webaficionado, Dec 7, 2012.

1. webaficionado

webaficionado Regular Member

If you no longer wanted to be an admin in your site and quit (with someone else taking your place), would you still visit the site as a regular member? Why or why not?

cpvr and Brandon like this.
  2. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Yes, I would because in my eyes nobody can really replace me on my own community. I don't plan on selling ever because money isn't a major issue for me. And, I'd prefer to run it with my own staff members. I'm not too sure if anyone can run it as good as my staff and I can.

3. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Yeah I'd probably still visit. I only open sites I'm interested in the subject matter of after all.

4. bauss

bauss Regular Member

I'd never resign as an admin, because it's my community, and always will be. But I wouldn't stay active on a site after I sold it, because I'd be working on my next site instead.

5. boatswife

boatswife Regular Member

I know at one point I'll call it quits.....I'm just not sure what I'll do when that happens. Even though I have subscriptions, I still fund the bulk of the forum. It's a question I've thought of a lot......just still not sure.

6. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

More than likely. There would have to be a reason for me to quick and that would likely be time restraints. It doesn't mean I wouldn't still love the niche and the community there. I just wouldn't have the time to manage it myself to the greatest potential and would feel the need to pass it on to someone who could.