If you don't already own a license, what would make you buy XenForo?

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by CM30, Apr 4, 2013.

1. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

For me, I'd think the following two main criteria would have to be met for me to consider it:

1. Something akin to IP Connect/Database connection/sharing between multiple forums. Really, I find the concept very much a fascinating and potentially useful one (much easier and better than trying to build a ton of forums from zero members) and IPB's current solution is literally the only off the shelf solution on the market. Hence why I'm probably going to be buying another IPB license for my next two forums or so.

If XenForo implements something like this (or even a proper system where multiple forums all use the same database and member/post tables and settings), then I'll probably go out and buy it immediately.

2. Official add ons for a gallery, downloads and blogs. I don't lose features when I change software, so I'm likely not going to convert my current site until another script can offer these with official support and a converter.

But other than that, I think XenForo seems like great software, and heck, I do plan to use it for a site in future. It'll just be one about a different topic that has no connection to my current ones due to the fact it'll be more logical/reasonable to 'start from scratch' so to speak.

So yes, if you don't already own a XenForo license/use it, what features are the reason why?

echo_unlimited and Brandon like this.
  2. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

If I didn't own any forum licenses, I would buy it for the look and be an idiot not realizing that I could change that.

3. maksim

maksim Regular Member

All that you said plus a good store like ip.nexus and subscription support.

4. Liam W

Liam W The best of the best ;)

Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, United Kingdom
    First Name:
    Liam
    I already own a license, however I swapped my vB one for it.

I did it because I love the UI, and I really love the Alert system. I also think the AdminCP is very intuitive.

5. Jordan

Jordan Regular Member

What made me choose XenForo was several reasons:

Designing:
    To design XenForo, it is not complicated. Anyone with no skills will also be able to use the easy colour palette, and style properties. Xenforo also makes it really easy to customize your pages look and feel with the template system. Anyone looking for a new basic design can easily do so.

Price:
    For a premium forum software, XenForo is fairly priced. It beats its competitors, while being able to make a profit.

SEO:
    Unlike some other forum software (Yes I'm looking at you VB!) XenForo has built in SEO capabilities. This makes it so you do not have to spend another arm and a leg to get your sites indexed.

Usability:
    Just the entire interface XenForo has to offer is amazing, and user friendly. I love the way everything works together, and how smooth it is. Plus not to mention the misc features it has to offer.

In all, anyone who asks me on what forum software they should use, I will always recommend XenForo. I now consider myself a valued client, and a happy customer.

6. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Professional Procrastinator

I would probably buy a license if there were a way to connect Xenforo to Wordpress. In addition to this, I'd like for there to be special widgets for Wordpress, which would allow me to add "Trending topics", "Most popular threads today" etc. I.e. using Wordpress as a CMS and Xenforo, simply, as a forum. I must admit though, I do like Xenforo. It just seems so smooth and up-to-date, where vBulletin seems sluggish and behind the times.